Walmart Tune It! oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at this Walmart Tune It! oil in the 5 gallon pail. It is my understanding that it is re-branded Supertech oil, and is re-refined by Safety-Kleen here in Canada. What do you all think of this oil? I would be using it in my 05 Corolla.

Where did you hear supertech was recycled oil? Not that it's a problem, I think it's a great thing, if true.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Where did you hear supertech was recycled oil? Not that it's a problem, I think it's a great thing, if true.

This little known site: bobistheoilguy.com
laugh.gif

The Original Pister I read is in Canada btw. In the U.S.A it is bottled or packaged by WPP or Warren Performance Products who make MAG1 products ;-)

Originally Posted By: HK45

laugh.gif

Pretty sure that supertech sold in the USA is new oil, blended by WPP.

The spec sheets Ive seen from WPP indicate that there is an identical add pack used in all viscosities of their blue bottle ST oil.

Maybe the Accel oil is re-refined, no idea. Its only API SF though.

The store brand products in Canada are likely different than what we discuss about in the USA.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

laugh.gif

The spec sheets Ive seen from WPP indicate that there is an identical add pack used in all viscosities of their blue bottle ST oil.

The store brand products in Canada are likely different than what we discuss about in the USA.

Hence the question here. Posts about the Canadian stuff are scarce, even on BITOG. And to clarify, I was saying that the Tune It! (Canadian Walmart stuff) was re-refined, but that is only what I have read and have no idea if it is true or not. I have been searching for the posts I read, and it would seem that perhaps I was not reading the bit about it being re-refined on BITOG, but on another site instead.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
The Original Pister I read is in Canada btw. In the U.S.A it is bottled or packaged by WPP or Warren Performance Products who make MAG1 products ;-)

Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not.

I have seen MSDS sheets for different grades of Supertech. Some are ExxonMobil, some are Delfin, some are Citgo, some are WPP

http://msds.walmartstores.com/

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I have contacted Walmart Canada for an MSDS on this product. I would like to know if it is Safety-Kleen oil.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

laugh.gif

Hence the question here. Posts about the Canadian stuff are scarce, even on BITOG. And to clarify, I was saying that the Tune It! (Canadian Walmart stuff) was re-refined, but that is only what I have read and have no idea if it is true or not. I have been searching for the posts I read, and it would seem that perhaps I was not reading the bit about it being re-refined on BITOG, but on another site instead.
Car parts store counter jocks say a lot of stupid things. "Rebranded Supertech"? Supertech is ALREADY a Walmart brand, why would they REBRAND it?

I regularly use SuperTech now called Tune It! with no issues to report.

The product is made by Safety-Kleen. Safety-Kleen also makes EcoPower; they could be similar oils.

I requested and received MSDS sheets from WM; I have them on my PC somewhere. I can try to post or send them to you.

It is an SN rated oil; BTW.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GSCJR
I regularly use SuperTech now called Tune It! with no issues to report.

The product is made by Safety-Kleen. Safety-Kleen also makes EcoPower; they could be similar oils.

I requested and received MSDS sheets from WM; I have them on my PC somewhere. I can try to post or send them to you.

It is an SN rated oil; BTW.

Good to know. I would be interested in seeing the MSDS.

It has been confirmed numerous times on this site that all CANADIAN Wal-Mart oils are re-refined oils, produced by Safety-Kleen, INCLUDING the full-synthetic version.

They are perfectly acceptable products that have very 'average' product data results, but meet the required specs...they are NOT junk SF oils for pre-1988 cars...etc...

Canadian and US Wal-Mart oils are completely different animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back