John Deere 928E 2 stage snowblower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Home Depot to see if they had any shear pins to fit my snowblower and the sales associate had the nerve to tell me my John Deere 928E was built by MTD! I GOT HIM STRAIGHTENED OUT REAL QUICK. They didn't have any shear pins either.

From a quick internet search, it seems as though your JD 928E is mfg'd by Simplicity...a nice thing!
smile.gif

I have a smaller blower; Craftsman #88970(208cc/26"/2 stage), rated a good buy! I'm happy thus far(4 winters). This winter has me wishing that I had gotten a bit larger 28"-30" w/ larger engine but, this one will have to do!

Last edited:
Did you punch him? Key his car? Get the manager to fire him? Pistol whip him? Did you make a really big scene knocking stuff off shelves? Did he start crying? What changed after belittling the guy? Do tell!

It's long been known that the JD stuff sold at the box stores are different than at a JD dealer. Maybe next time save everyone some grief and go to a JD dealer, who probably won't have the pins either this time of year.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
I GOT HIM STRAIGHTENED OUT REAL QUICK.

There was an urban legend that the ARIENS snow blowers were different at HD and Big Box stores than those at Lawn Equipment dealers. It was wrong. The lawn equipment dealers had a larger selection and more professional models. I would think the JD snow blowers would be in the same boat.

Last edited:
Wait, in the interest of clarity, aren't John Deere snow blowers currently made by Briggs and Stratton after they bought the business from Murry/Simplicity?

Hmmmm! I did hear that some lower line JD were produced by MTD!
I don't think that JD's are mfg'd by B&S though, B&S just supplies the engines.

I know for a fact some of the low line zero turn are made by MTD, the fuel line has a MTD printed stripe on it and most parts are exactly the same as my MTD made Cub Cadet. Well except the Cub Cadet has a pivot front axle and a bigger seat at that time. Now no difference at all.

Rod

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Did you punch him? Key his car? Get the manager to fire him? Pistol whip him? Did you make a really big scene knocking stuff off shelves? Did he start crying? What changed after belittling the guy? Do tell!

It's long been known that the JD stuff sold at the box stores are different than at a JD dealer. Maybe next time save everyone some grief and go to a JD dealer, who probably won't have the pins either this time of year.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
I GOT HIM STRAIGHTENED OUT REAL QUICK.

x2.

As far as I know, the 2-stage JD snowblower line have always been based off Murray design, with the high dollar models the same as the large frame Simpliciy machines.

... and yes, you can buy buy the same 'lower-end' machine at a JD dealer or big box. Big box stocks more of them obviously.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

No it isn't. And deere doesn't have a line of snow blowers or push owners anymore. The stopped making them a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back