Positive Note: My first .45ACP Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got all set up for reloading the last month or so and did up my first batch. .45ACP and they worked like a champ. Pretty good inside feeling on that one.

As a side note and unrelated to the above. 9X25 is blast to shoot out of my project Glock 20SF Longslide with 6" barrel.

Wife "let" me go to the gun show and got some free die holders from the free table!! Then I swung by the range and saw some homies and shot a IWI bull pup and a SA M1A - pegged steel at 300yds with open sights. Life is good need to go cook up the Lobsters I scored.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Got all set up for reloading the last month or so and did up my first batch. .45ACP and they worked like a champ. Pretty good inside feeling on that one.

As a side note and unrelated to the above. 9X25 is blast to shoot out of my project Glock 20SF Longslide with 6" barrel.

Wife "let" me go to the gun show and got some free die holders from the free table!! Then I swung by the range and saw some homies and shot a IWI bull pup and a SA M1A - pegged steel at 300yds with open sights. Life is good need to go cook up the Lobsters I scored.
now you had to much fun, I am jealous

Hey Pablo,

Have you come up with a cost comparison of retail .45 vs reloaded .45?

I have a Para 14-45 and a range membership at a nearby indoor range which works out to be a harmful combination for my wallet.

Not Pablo but I can chime in on cost of reloading calibers. Using the minimal powder charge, FMJ bullets, and CCI or Winchester primers and spent brass, you can reload 45 for the price of new 9mm.

Works out something like:

9mm - .07 to .09 per round
45 - .16 to .18 per round.

Originally Posted By: mpersell
Hey Pablo,

Have you come up with a cost comparison of retail .45 vs reloaded .45?

I have a Para 14-45 and a range membership at a nearby indoor range which works out to be a harmful combination for my wallet.

I'm at about $6.25/50 with a lead 200 SWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back