The Brian Williams Debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MolaKule

No, they should have fired this arrogant liar, but then again, we haven't (as yet) fired the chief arrogant lier.

They all but fired him. They even piled on (subtly) in their explanations of his suspensions. With his ego he will never come back and he will never be able to do what he did. He's toxic.

It will be interesting to see what his future is. I hope I am wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if he...nevermind.

It's like that old saw. What's the difference between war stories and fairy tales?

Fairy tales start out, "Once upon a time..." War stories start, "No _____, there I was..."

After that, they are exactly the same.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Maybe he got into a common trap of embellishing things. Most humans tend to do it which is why the size of the fish keeps growing with each telling. So first it's you're in a flight of helicopters where one was hit and next thing you know, you're in the one that got hit.

But seriously, the difference is getting shot at and not getting shot at. I think you would vividly recall getting hit by an RPG if you're in a helicopter and not being hit by one.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I think people are coming down on this guy just for sport. He was on an entertainment show, and the whole purpose of the interview is to be entertaining. Personally I think he is getting the shaft unnecessarily.

Why lie about something that never happened ????

Only a fool would boast about something like this on TV and get caught in a lie when military folks who were there would easily call this fool out.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
There really is no excuse for his lack of integrity.
He is in a position which required the utmost
integrity and honesty, he failed, and to much has been
given much is expected. If he has any integrity left he will step down willingly and apologize to his audience.

x2, how dare he go on record and admit it. sheesh.
He should take que from bush jr on how to lie and stick to it. I bet he even reported that babies being thrown out of iraqi hospitals, puppies being eaten alive by saddam's pet dragons. I do remember seeing him pose with WMDs. Shame on Bryan liar Adams, wait that is the singer, opps.

f387688d06c5db285f8f8b9b21a2f88728c1da9d7545e376b641ffb9ee2aafc3.jpg

k050Sab.jpg

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
There really is no excuse for his lack of integrity.
He is in a position which required the utmost
integrity and honesty, he failed, and to much has been
given much is expected. If he has any integrity left he will step down willingly and apologize to his audience.

+1. There was a day when integrity mattered.
Now, not so much.
His ratings are the highest of all of the evening news shows, which means he is at the pinnacle of a dying, irrelevant medium.
It is actually all about NBC's revenue, and the investigation continues even after news of Mr. Williams' unpaid sitdown.
It isn't over yet, and if ratings research indicates that it is viable, the new title will be "NBC Evening News with Lester Holt."

He's got to be fired. I'm sure he is wonderful man, but he is paid millions to read 20 minutes of new a night. It must be correct and truthful news. If not, good bye.

His mis-remembering that story was like hearing Clinton ask for the definition of "is".

I vote for Megyn Kelly
smile.gif

Hey, I am just grateful to Mr. Williams for teaching me a new word, "conflate." Now, I just want to use it in conversation.

he probably thought by telling how great he is, he will succeed Tom Brokaw. who knows, I don't remember when he was announced as Tom Brokaw successor. but as that saying goes, "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin" see New England Patriots, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, the Chicago Little League champs. and on and on and on

His name is tainted once and for all, he cant buy it back. His name and reputation is everything in that business, he's done and rightfully so IMHO.
Putting him back on TV would be akin to letting Charles Manson out and letting him run a commune for wayward girls out in the desert somewhere.LOL

Milli Vanilli to Brian Williams comparison...it doesn't get much better than that...I can still see the shoes with the leggings.

I think it's likely that NBC will have a cooling off period to check if he's somehow salvageable...they did that with Nancy Snyderman...and then whatever drops will happen at that time. Seeing that he's much higher profile, then I would expect that sooner than later. Let Lester Holt have the spot...he's a good Sacramento native son.

Originally Posted By: Trav
His name is tainted once and for all, he cant buy it back. His name and reputation is everything in that business, he's done and rightfully so IMHO.
Putting him back on TV would be akin to letting Charles Manson out and letting him run a commune for wayward girls out in the desert somewhere.LOL

Agree 100%. He'll never be back in anything that resembles news. He can't even be reporter. He should go to law school and be a trial lawyer. He could work for the firm "Wee, Cheatim, and Howe" There would be no question on what you are getting.

B9q4tfECYAAdBs_.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt
This whole thing makes me very sad. I really liked Brian Williams and I don't really give a (insert a choice of 3 words) what he forgot or embellished. I think NBC did themselves a disservice by suspending him. I certainly won't watch until he's back. I sure as (insert choice of 2 words) won't watch FAUX News in the interim.

How do you forget or "misremember" about being in a helicopter that was hit by an RPG?

Thank goodness it wasn't a "Faux News" reporter or else you lefties would be having a field day with this.

Brian Williams is done. He's credibility has been destroyed.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Trav

Agree 100%. He'll never be back in anything that resembles news. He can't even be reporter. He should go to law school and be a trial lawyer. He could work for the firm "Wee, Cheatim, and Howe" There would be no question on what you are getting.

B9q4tfECYAAdBs_.jpg

Great pic!!!

I love how you some of you guys are getting your jollies off on someone else's misery.

That is a great photo! I wish that Brian Williams could tell us what happened with that airplane! Was he flying over a jungle and a native tribe that has had no contact with the outside world filled the air with arrows?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I love how you some of you guys are getting your jollies off on someone else's misery.

I really don't feel too bad when the wound is self-inflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back