2007 Hyundai Santa fe 2.2crdi engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m from Bulgaria, Europe.This is my first diesel car.It has cpf/dpf .The oil recomendation is API CH-4 or above(V.G.T. engine)/ACEA B4 or above,SAE5w30.Most of the oils for diesels are ACEA C3.I used Motul X-Clean FE 5w30 .But when the engine is cold it is noisy.Can you recomend me engine oil from ENEOS,Mobil 1,Castrol,Total.ACEA B4 or C3 is better for this engine?Here I prefer to buy RP HPS-5w30 but I don`t know if it is suitable for cars with dpf.Please give me suggestions!Thank in advance!

Hi there southern neighbor. My sister's I30 1.6 CRDI used to be noisy until I filled it up with Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 and now is quiet even at -20 Celsius.

I have an 07 Rondo, which was sold in Europe as the Carens. Wish they had the CRDi engine here in the USA
frown.gif
I would have gotten it. Instead I have 2.4 petrol.

Some users here on the forum replaced Mobil1 with Total Quartz 9000 Energy 0w-30 and the engines were more quiet at startup.

Search for "total quartz 9000 energy 0w30 bob is the oil guy" in google and these threads will come up.

It's one of the very few true full synthetic oils, Motul 8100 isn't, nor is Mobil1 these days...

I hesitate between Mobil1 ESP and ENEOS Sustina both 5w30.The seller told me that Mobil 1 is made in Italy.I`m not sure that it is real Mobil.

The RP HPS won't be an A3/B3 A3/B4 type lube at all, much less C3. It'll be closer to an A1/B1 A5/B5 type lube, and a little high in phosphorous at that. Ensure that the Eneos has the specifications you require.

Originally Posted By: StanIvanov
I hesitate between Mobil1 ESP and ENEOS Sustina both 5w30.The seller told me that Mobil 1 is made in Italy.I`m not sure that it is real Mobil.

Give him a leva and tell him to GTFO. Moil1 ESP 5w30 is made in Belgium.

Eneos sustina 5w30 is not classified by ACEA it is API SN/RC ; ILSAC GF-5 ,but the oil advisor from the site suggest it.

A diesel is loud when Cold, there isnt any oil that could cure that.
Any way i run my kia piccanto 1.1 crdi on a 10w-40 hdeo (ci+4) but would like to find
a xw- 30 cj oil.

There is Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0w-30 CJ-4 here, but I think it's in Canada only. I know that Mobil Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 CJ-4 is available in Europe. Here it's cheap; there I'm not so sure. I do know the McLaren F1 team uses it in their transport fleet.

I will try Redline 5w30 euro.I have read very dood UOA here.Here in Bulgaria don't have such laboratories where used oils can be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back