Fram XG9688 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran for (2) 5k OCIs on my moms 2013 1.8 Elantra. It sees about 5k every 2-2.5 months. The first interval was 5w20 QSUD and the second was a frankenbrew of PP, M1, QSUD and PYB. (5w20- 10w30)

2h57m2v.jpg

2582ufs.jpg

I re installed a WIX, the rest of the M1 and some 5w30 Castrol Synblend.

Yeah I am sure the filter could have easily done an additional 5k, but I was too chicken to run it a third interval only because I didn't want any more "old" oil in the crankcase.

Who knows what difference it would make.. I just wanted to sleep good at night.
smile.gif

I love that filter. I still would like to see another pleat or two at the seam, but with the metal screen backing and a solid center tube that's just being picky
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Dually
It would be great if Fram built all of their filters this way.It would end the cardboard/fiber end cap concerns.

I agree. The basic orange can is also skimpy with the nmedia. With so many better filters available at the same price, I don't see why anybody even uses the orange can Tough Guard.

Originally Posted By: Dually
It would be great if Fram built all of their filters this way.It would end the cardboard/fiber end cap concerns.
Fram has proved they can build a good filter, but it isn't the OCOD.

Looks good! Thanks for cutting and posting.

I have a FU on my sister's '05 Civic right now and I'll cut it once I change the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back