UPF48R and Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody actually ever laid eyes on the innards of the UPF48R as compared to the Mobil 1? I have read that they are exactly the same. I'll tell you one thing, this is a heavy, finely constructed filter. I have two of them and I really almost don't have the heart to cut this beast open. Has anybody ever laid eyes on the innards of these?

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
Has anybody actually ever laid eyes on the innards of the UPF48R

Yep I have a case of these in stash, its big brother the UPF52,The UPF is actually a dual layer filter, here's a few pics from years ago I took from one of mine, there a quality built filter ,enjoy

DSC01477.jpg

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

50-2.png

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Where would one buy a UPF AC Delco filter? I'd like to try one in the Firebird.

Save yourself time and get the Fram Ultra. It is in everyway shape and form a better filter. It's rated to be one of the best and it's cheap at Walmart. I have the Amsoil EAO oil filters and the Fram Ultras. I don't think I will ever run a AC Delco filter again.

Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE

Save yourself time and get the Fram Ultra. It is in everyway shape and form a better filter. It's rated to be one of the best and it's cheap at Walmart. I have the Amsoil EAO oil filters and the Fram Ultras. I don't think I will ever run a AC Delco filter again.

I already have a few Fram Ultras for it, but the curiosity was killing me
smile.gif

Rock Auto has a AC Delco Ultra Guard (UPF52, longer version of the 47) for 8.22 before shipping. Amazon is 10.88.

I believe GM4LIFE is thinking of a regular AC Delco filter and not an Ultraguard. I have used Ultraguards (UPF 52) multiple times and they always looked great when I cut them open after use.

See Daman's post.

Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE

Funny, post all your findings of the two that show the fram is better in every way.

the UPF filtering capabilities is very good, we did our own testing on one here at BITOG.

When I owned a Corvette, I would buy UPF44 filters from these guys:

http://www.gmpartshouse.com/c6partslist.html

They currently sell the UPF48R for $9.80 plus shipping.

To finish out your order you could add a 2011 ZR1 crate engine to your cart for an additional $21,995.

What filter does it take?

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

When I owned a Corvette, I would buy UPF44 filters from these guys:

http://www.gmpartshouse.com/c6partslist.html

They currently sell the UPF48R for $9.80 plus shipping.

To finish out your order you could add a 2011 ZR1 crate engine to your cart for an additional $21,995.

Sadly, Chevy/GM Performance stopped offering the LS7 crate engines (they were a little more than half the price of the LS9 you've stated above), just when I was about to throw one into my f body's engine bay, dry sump and all!
frown.gif
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back