Has Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 changed since 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stocked up on the 5 quart jugs of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 in 2009 when they worked out to $1/qt after rebate, and I've been running it in my truck. Now I have about 2.5 quarts left over.

Has the formulation for PP changed since then? If so, I think I'll just post these last 2.5 quarts on Craigslist for free - but if it's the same formula, maybe I'll buy a couple of quarts to give me one more oil change with the PP?

Thanks!

Heath

Last edited:
No reason to give it away. I don't recall it changing dramatically. It's still an excellent oil, so I'd just get a few quarts to add to it and make a final PP oil change. Then keep your eye out for other rebates or deals that are going on so you can get a couple more OCIs worth of oil before your next change.

I think it has been tweaked twice since then, first SM to SN then during SN they rolled out the "Pure Plus" version. Great oil regardless just mix it in and use it up.

+1 Use it up and forget about it. After your done adding your oil check your air tire pressure and such. If its low then borrow some from the New England Patriots as they had too much.

Of course it has changed. And so has every other oil.

That said, the 09 PP will be just fine
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back