HONDA CRV vibrate at idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my wife a 2014 CRV a month ago and been noticing significant vibration and roughness when idle. Deven- Did changing the oil to red line 5w20 help? I took the car to the dealer and they said that is normal sound and/or operation of the car.

any 4 cylinder auto in D drive will produce vibrations. Some more than others but it is normal. Put the car in N, and i guarantee most of the vibration will be gone.

6 cylinders are smoother.

My 01 integra 5spd manual with engine technology from the early 90's produce less vibration than many new 4 cylinder automatics.

I understand. Now that I am stuck with a 4 cylinder vehicle just wanted to see if Deven used that motor oil in his gf's car and if it worked. If it did, I would like to try that too.

Interesting have to ask my parents if their newer CRV vibrates at idle. I wouldn't think any new car would vibrate at anytime. My old 12 year old Focus vibrates at all times but it has a ignition issue or is haunted. Used to be you never tell if the engine was running.

When we went looking for our 13 Equinox we drove a 2013 CRV, not sure if they are same, my wife noticed the idle, I did too. I didn't think it was that bad. Our Nox is a bit smoother, but again a 4cyl. My Truck and Grand Prix are very smooth I can't say the same for the WS6 now with the cam I have installed. When it is was new it was very smooth.

I think most 4cyl's are a little dicey at idle. No biggie.

I bought my wife a 2014 CRV a month ago and been noticing significant vibration and roughness when idle. Deven- Did changing the oil to red line 5w20 help? I took the car to the dealer and they said that is normal sound and/or operation of the car.

Originally Posted By: deven
My gf just bought a 2015 Honda Accord V6 and the first thing she mentioned was how the car was not smooth for a "new" car. I recently sat in it and the idle engine vibration was very noticeable. I'm going to change the oil out to red line 5w20 and see if it helps.

I had a similar experience with my 2013 Pilot after it's first free dealer oil change. Although not rough, the idle became much more perceptible-- even w/the AC off. The dealer used some no-name bulk 0W20 but after I did an OCI myself using good oil, the idle became silky smooth again.

Let us know if the oil change helped.

Quote:
any 4 cylinder auto in D drive will produce vibrations. Some more than others but it is normal. Put the car in N, and i guarantee most of the vibration will be gone.

6 cylinders are smoother.

+1

My kids 2009 1.8L Civic vibrates at idle when the AC kicks in. Normal.

Remember a 2L Coke bottle has more displacement

Honda cheaped out- the CRV doesn't employ vibration absorbing engine mounts. I'm driving one going on 48k miles, and it isn't that bad.

Do you have exceptional vibration going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back