Gumout Multisystem Tune up
and Gumout Fuel System Cleaner?

Just saw this

He is using this:
10625891_gum_510011_pri_larg.jpg

How is that different from this Gumout on the right:
2afd7yg.jpg

Last edited:
Marketing. Gumout has so many iterations it is getting ridiculous. Too bad because they have good products.

See their web site!
They are also a sponcer here a you can click on their banner to see the video.

Sea foam contains NO PEA
Thd Gumout can be used in the fuel tank as well as through the fuel rail.

Is the rest of the automotive world as obsessed with adding stuff to the fuel tank or crankcase to fix things? Is there, for example, a German versiob of "Motor Medic"?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Is the rest of the automotive world as obsessed with adding stuff to the fuel tank or crankcase to fix things? Is there, for example, a German versiob of "Motor Medic"?

German and Dutch.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
See their web site!

Sea foam contains NO PEA

Sea foam is not effective at decarboning modern engines period.
All it contains is light pale oil and a mild solvent.

PEA is SAE tested and proven to remove tough carbon desposits from intake valves.
fuel injectors, ect....

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
See their web site!

Sea foam contains NO PEA

Sea foam is not effective at decarboning modern engines period.
All it contains is light pale oil and a mild solvent.

PEA is SAE tested and proven to remove tough carbon desposits from intake valves.
fuel injectors, ect....

I KNOW DAT!
laugh.gif

I'm actually surprised by the difference in the before and after pictures. I figured it was doing something, but I figured it would never get back to as clean as he showed in that video.

Glad to hear I'm not wasting my money on Gumout w/REGANE. I'll continue to use a bottle on the last tank of gas before each oil change.

That is a great video. Guy comes off as a bit loony to start but if you listen to the words and not the delivery, the guy seems to know his stuff. The before and after pictures were amazing.

Originally Posted By: sicko
I'm actually surprised by the difference in the before and after pictures. I figured it was doing something, but I figured it would never get back to as clean as he showed in that video.

Glad to hear I'm not wasting my money on Gumout w/REGANE. I'll continue to use a bottle on the last tank of gas before each oil change.

And using a bottle prior to every OCI may be the key to keeping the combustion chamber clean. Because as you can see in the video(s) above, 1 or 2 treatments may not be enough(or do much at all). But over time as a regular PM, may in fact be worth it...IDK!
smirk.gif

These videos scream to me that just fuel isn't going to get the job done for everyone and that cleaners do serve a purpose. I have always felt that way anyway, but these are some nasty looking insides on obviously well maintained cars.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

That's a cool video, thanks for sharing it. I would've liked to see him use the Gumout Fuel System Cleaner which states it has Regane (PEA) in it, b/c their All-In-One cleaner doesn't state anything about Regane/PEA on it's label. But I guess we'll get to see some PEA results when he does the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner.

Originally Posted By: sicko
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

That's a cool video, thanks for sharing it. I would've liked to see him use the Gumout Fuel System Cleaner which states it has Regane (PEA) in it, b/c their All-In-One cleaner doesn't state anything about Regane/PEA on it's label. But I guess we'll get to see some PEA results when he does the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner.

The All-in-one is Gumout's strongest product and has the most PEA.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
He's a Seafoam man. Doing seafoam (after the water spritz), worked in his mower soaking the piston with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdT4DPFXIkM

Would soak pistons with baby oil do the same effect?

Seafoma is mostly light mineral (pale) oil, anyways.

Maybe this video will shed some light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back