Bought a brand new 2015 Accord coupe v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mykl
Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
Everyone's definition of "fly" is different. That accord is a fairly quick car, but the OP also has a 400 whp grand prix, making the accord's v6 only adequate to him. Either way both cars are sick, nice daily driver and race car.

Yeah, but it's fair to say that his car is fast if you're not comparing it to vehicles that have been designed specifically with speed in mind.

I've driven a few genuinely fast vehicles over the years, but I still describe my Camry V-6 as fast because relative to other vehicles of its type it is quite quick.

Friend of mine put nitrous on his 2012 Accord v6.

That was a fast car!

I would say any car that will trap 100mph in a quarter mile or more can be considered fast. The camry 3.5 v6 and accord 3.5 v6 will both do that.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Congrats on your new Honda. Unfortunately, I became an expert on VCM as our 2011 was part of the class action settlement. I too hope that Honda has engineered their way out of their predicament but many Honda loyalists got burned and swore off the brand as a result of Honda's heavy-handed treatment of their customers while they tried to figure out the problems. This issue also resulted in Honda's unbelievable market position that burning up to 1 quart per thousand miles in their brand new engines was "normal". Honda's lawyers and marketeers ultimately did a great job hiding this issue from the public.

For the 2011 MY, Honda changed the oil control rings and added a moly-impregnation to the piston skirts that gradually dissolved into the factory fill. This was the origin of dealer's insistence that the factory fill not be changed early. I lab tested every oil change on our Accord and can attest to the accuracy of the MM, so I have no hesitation telling people to follow the factory recommendations and do the first and subsequent oil changes at 10% which will be about 6,000 miles. Since Honda believes high moly helps avoid problems, I'd look for a high moly oil then follow all factory service recommendations and make sure to document them.

At 35,000 miles now with our 2011, we have avoided problems and burn only 1/2 qt between oil changes at 0% on the MM (about 8,000 miles) using full syn 0W-20. Other than this concern, the V6 Accord has been a wonderful car. So, enjoy yours and start by simply checking your oil levels regularly. As stated warier, the problems occurred in those car's used for steady state highway driving. Long intervals in Eco mode where one side of the engine gets no fire, resulted in uneven block cooling which allowed crankcase oil to get past the piston rings, foul plugs and disappear out the tail pipe. So, vary speed during long highway trips so that Eco cycles on and off frequently.

Great post! I'd put in the high-moly Mazda Genuine Motor Oil 0w-20, as nothing has moly as high as that. .... Interesting stuff about the VCM problems, as a side note. Wonder if all the other displacement-on-demand applications have this problem, as I've never heard of this problem.

Originally Posted By: Xeno
Originally Posted By: Throt
That's the sexiest Honda I've ever seen. Nice job man. I'm envious!

srs?

20's look way too big.
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: dan_erickson

The ride is rough at times when I drive [censored] roads but other then that it is actually not bad!
[censored] roads and you decided on twenty's with rubber bands...

Ya know if you dont like the wheels then you can keep it to yourself. I have yet to blow out a tire or bend a wheel from holes in the road, and not every road around here is full of holes. BRB let me go put my 15 inch steel wheels, on with a 185 tire, on my 1995 Toyota for max fuel economy like half the forum has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back