Difference between Peak Lifetime and Peak Global L

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffl

Is it okay to use Peak Lifetime as opposed to Peak Global Lifetime antifreeze in my 2003 Impala with 3800 V-6. What's the difference. Thanks

IF you get all of the old dexcool out I'd say you would be okay.

I moved everything I own (and a few friends/family vehicles) over to Peak Global lifetime.

That includes Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Fords, GM products, Dodge and Hyundai.

Plan is to drain and refill the radiator every 2-3 years with a 50/50-60/40 mix. So far a few vehicles have had that done. Everything is working like it should.

Bill

Peak Global says it can be mixed with any make or color of coolant, so I don't think it's essential to get out every bit of the old coolant. Still, get as much as you can.

http://www.peakauto.com/antifreeze-peak-global_lifetime.shtml

I don't see anything called Peak Lifetime on their website. Which coolant are you referring to?

I put Peak Global in my GF's Beetle when I replaced the water pump and timing belt. It's been working fine for more than a year.

Yeah, I went to advance looking for the global but all they had was the Lifetime 50/50. Would the global not require a complete flush? Peaks website says the lifetime is compatible with all makes.

Sorry, my bad! I got the long life 50/50 antifreeze. Is this ok to replace the deathcool in my Impala?

Peak Long Life is a form of Dexcool. One should never mix formulas even if they are compatible because the coolant mixture doesnt have enough concentration of one formula or the other to maximize corrosion protection.

Im not a fan of using Dexcool in that year Impala. But I'd recommend completely flushing the Dexcool out before switching to Global.

Originally Posted By: ffl
Is it okay to use Peak Lifetime as opposed to Peak Global Lifetime antifreeze in my 2003 Impala with 3800 V-6. What's the difference. Thanks

What is the difference in price?

The Peak Global Lifetime does not have the chemical that eats gaskets. It's available at NAPA. They got it the next day for me.

My local auto parts stores, Pep Boys included, don't carry Peak Global Lifetime for few years now. The only place I can buy Peak Global Lifetime concentrate (or 50/50) is order it from NAPA for $15.xx/gal concentrate.

I just changed the 11 years old coolant in my S2000 to Peak Global Lifetime a month ago. So far so good, the coolant temperature is at normal 183-186F on highway speed of 70-80 MPH, it went up to 193-196F in stop and go city speed.

My local Pep Boys ordered me in 6 gallons from their Texas warehouse. Just ask the sales person to order it in for you. There's no extra charge. Their web site lists Peak Global Lifetime AM/M for $5.50 per gallon. Link is above. If you buy in bulk like I did, I got it for $4 per gallon.

slomo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back