Wall mounts for large flat screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everybody running for their TV wall mounts? Sharp recommends the AN-52AG4 but its pretty much not available anywhere and I'm sure they want am arm and a leg for it. Found a couple on Amazon by VideoSecu that get great reviews and are very reasonably priced, any thoughts?

How large is the TV? For our 65" we use an OmniMount OC175T, which is rated to carry up to an 80". It is easy to install and mount the TV on and holds it securely.

As everyone else said. Go monoprice.

I've purchased 3 wall mounts from them. I have my 60'in on a swivel/tilt mount that pulls 3 feet off the wall. Because of this I was able to corner mount the TV. Awesome!

Originally Posted By: Donald
What are people doing with the set-top box or bluray player when the TV is mounted up on the wall?

I had my cable box velcro'd to the back of the TV.

Monoprice has great mounts.

I just installed two of them, one for a 50 inch tv, one for a 40 inch. Both used the same part number.

What I liked best about the kit, is it came with a level built into the mount.

Very simple to install.

I also bought a little shelf from them for the DirecTV boxes.

Two mounts and 2 shelfs came to 87 dollars.

I have a monoprice mount as well. Works great. As for all the boxes, I still have a console under the TV to house the cable box, receiver, etc.

What are people doing with the set-top box or bluray player when the TV is mounted up on the wall?
Good question, I have wondered about that as well. My tv is sitting on a tv stand in the corner.

The only issue that I've had with Monoprice, is that their Customer Service stinks. They screwed up one of my orders, and then didn't want to make it right... nor did they really care.

Once they figure that out, they might be worth doing business with again.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Good question, I have wondered about that as well. My tv is sitting on a tv stand in the corner.

I mounted my daughters 45" TV and she got a glass shelf made for the dvd/cable box that mounts directly under the TV.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The only issue that I've had with Monoprice, is that their Customer Service stinks. They screwed up one of my orders, and then didn't want to make it right... nor did they really care.

I've dealt with their customer service on one or two occasions. They handled it fine, in my case.

Monoprice used to be the only option for reasonably priced VESA mounts. Really, the sole option.

Now it's pretty easy to get comparable prices elsewhere if you look carefully for a sale. But if you need it now and don't want to look around, it's back to Monoprice.

Mounts come in three basic styles: flat, tilting and pivoting.

Flat mounts are very simple. There are two vertical bars that mount to the panel, and one or two horizontal bars that you mount to the wall. Notches on the vertical bars hook onto lips on the horizontal bar, and a retaining pin or bar keeps the panel from lifting up and away if bumped. This design trivially handles all of the VESA mounting options (50/75/100/200cm in each dimension).

Flat mounts vary a bit in how close they get the panel to the wall. You can pay a bit more for thinner ones, but that might be pointless if your cables need the room to exit from the back.
Other than that, get one that isn't too wide for the panel, but wide enough to hit the studs on the wall.

Tilt mounts are usually similar to flat mounts, but need extra room from the wall for the tilt mechanism and have to be built significantly studier for the same weight. You'll probably end up with no tilt, so the extra gap from the wall might make it not worth the extra complexity and cost.

Pivoting mounts have much more design variability, and are much more expensive. They need to be sturdier to support the weight, and designed to avoid wobble.

I use the tilt wall mounts from Parts Express for my 60" Sony and 42" Vizio, nice mounts for the price
thumbsup2.gif

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audi...-cable--182-322

I have a big, heavy 60" LG plasma TV that is mounted to the wall with a Sanus LL22 fixed-position mount. The mount is very high quality and you can even make adjustments with the TV mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back