Napa Gold 1334 Dissected

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was installed in a 1995 Honda Accord for just over 7000 miles. Typical Wix construction, very sturdy canister, ADV was extremely pliable and functional, pleats were very uniform with no waviness whatsoever.

20150109_161719_zps70eecd23.jpg

20150109_161753_zpsebbdb9b9.jpg

20150109_161803_zps744795ad.jpg

20150109_161812_zps36056654.jpg

Good looking filter, evenly spaced and straight media. The engine is in good condition therefore the filter looks so good after 7k miles.

Could that filter go 10k miles? The reason I'm asking is because I recently changed my oil and plan on extending my OCI to 10k miles. I used a Mobil 1 EP filter this time for peace of mind but still have Wix and Napa Golds in my stash. By the way filter looks great

Good looking filter. I'm running Napa Gold's on my 97 Civic and 98 Sienna currently. I've been leaving them in for 2 OCI.

Thanks for posting.

Regards, JC.

I noticed the marketing on the filter says: "The Original"

What are they talking about?

Note; filter is not USA produced, shame NAPA, shame.

Last edited:
Napa advertises the Gold for "those following OEM intervals" which in many cases these days is 7-10k. So yes I'd think it'd do 10k easily from the looks of it.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

Interesting. The filters I have for Toyota and GM applications are made in the USA.

My moms Elantra takes this same filter. I have a WIX on the shelf for next time and it is also made in Mexico. Good filter no doubt, but there are more cost effective US made options out there. They are $7.99 at Oreillys and even more at Napa unfortunately.

All of the Wix/Napa filters that fit our domestics are US made. The KIA one says South Korea on it.

Just drop a thank you in the mail to your federal government that loves exporting US jobs.

Nation building elsewhere = nation destroying at home

It's a zero sum game.

Don't believe me, just ask the unemployed middle class.

wow you have a very clean engine this filter also looks like it only went 3000 or so miles....
wix makes a great looking filter but i wish they were made in america for the high price they charge for them

WIX/NAPA Gold filters always look good like this one. A very consistent quality manufactured filter.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Just drop a thank you in the mail to your federal government that loves exporting US jobs.

It's a zero sum game.

I bought a Fram air filter for our Kawasaki mule. $15.. Made in Mexico. Its not just WIX doing this.

The same Donaldson equivalent was also made in Mexico, but was nearly 2x more. Plus the Fram had beautiful orange foam rather than black.. This should make it perform much better in extreme conditions too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

It's a zero sum game.

Amen, bro! Free trade was just another side effect of big money corrupting our system. No one wins except importers and big companies that like to save on labor. No loyalty to this country. I try to buy US and Canadian products whenever possible.

Quote:

Actually NG is made by Wix for Napa. And Affinia, Wix' parent has offices and production in Mexico where this application happens to be made as noted in this thread.

That said, many/most Wix/NG are made in the US.

This one looks good. Thanks for the pics.

I thought Wix primarily made their own filters in the US, but a couple part numbers that they didn't have the tooling or manufacturing capability for were subbed out to other manufacturers.

Makes sense not to make a huge investment in tooling just for a couple part numbers.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I thought Wix primarily made their own filters in the US, but a couple part numbers that they didn't have the tooling or manufacturing capability for were subbed out to other manufacturers.

Makes sense not to make a huge investment in tooling just for a couple part numbers.

I do not know of a single filter maker that makes a full catalog in-house. They all cross pollinate each other with contract made runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back