How a car without oil sounds like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too boring to see it all trough, but just listen at 2:10 when the car has oil and at 11:18 when he thinks it is wise to run the engine without oil.

How to "Prolong" your engine with messed up philosophy. I do believe the dirt on the oil cap does more harm than running the engine after the oil was drained LMAO

First off, why is does it look like the engine compartment was exposed to a week of dust from an erupting volcano? It's GRAY as sand in there! WOW.

and second, I can't believe that Mercedes didn't design a way to keep that engine cover up, for checking the oil, etc. He has to ghetto rig it just to keep the "hood" up ON A MERCEDES-BENZ designed car?!?! What the [censored]?!?!?!?!

meh, I heard those engines only last 50,000 anyway. It might be ok to run a lawn mower without oil for a minute but not a pressurised system.

Last edited:
great job i have a friend that told me oil is over rated anyway. lol i wonder if his dealer saw this video with his plate and will give him warranty issues when his bearings fail. This guy must make lots of bad choices first one buying that car.

Meh...not smart but not all that much damage I imagine. Buddy of mine jad a cherokee (4.0) and said he raped it until doors fell off. When it was time to scrap he drained all fluid oil and coolant and all, started it and threw a brick on the gas. The thing hummed at redline for 19 or so minutes before seizing.
15.gif

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Meh...not smart but not all that much damage I imagine.

Probably.

Still a dumb idea because there was nothing to be gained. Out of a 3.5-quart sump, dude could have put 3 in, then moved the car off the ramps, and then topped it off.

Several thoughts ....

1) Wow ...
2) Moron ...
3) Will probably try to make a warranty claim some day either to the OEM or the lube maker for some engine failure issue
4) I'd never want to have to work on a Smart-Car; talk about a cramped space
5) He probably needs to start his own website; Robertisnottheoildude ... (The anti-bob; the prince of dark oils, as it were)
6) Makes me wonder how he checks for obstructions in the barrel of his shotgun, or tests for live voltage in his panel box ...
7 Did I mention Moron?

Genearlly, over the life of his vehicle (say 150,000 mi) he may do this 30 or less times. I actually suspect it won't really harm much as the tribochemical barrier is still intact even with the oil gone, at least not to a point where he'd know the difference because he's probably not into UOAs, as it were.

But it's just not good "policy" and we all know it.

Last edited:
Boy, he started out so well with all of his explanation of tools and such! And even has some nice techniques too!

Then, he didn't let the oil drain long enough IMO! Nor did he pre fill the oil filter especially since it is a vertical filter(too easy).

But, to start the engine with no oil...NO WAY! Good thing he didn't let all the oil drain! Hmmmmmm
smirk.gif

Hello, Trouble here is that you guys don't know your place.
You can plainly see he's from Massachusetts. That makes him the superior life form.
He knows what he's doing. Kira

I have seen people do some dumb things but I have to believe this one ranks right up there near the top of stupid. Don't understand that one at all.

At one point he says something like "I'll probably get some flack for running it without oil...i.e. he knew that it wasn't the best...but farnarkled around moving ramps and driving it back anyway.

Why not put the first 3/4 of a fill in, then drive it ?

Yeah probably not "much" damage from what he did, but he's not running a high fat content lubricant that's designed for boundary (like on a steam train)...and the extent of his running made the pressure area in the bearings become closer to a "line" contact every single rev....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back