Sea Foam in gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Without making any judgment as to whether Sea Foam works or not (I have never tried it). It seems putting it in the gas tank would be as effective as spraying it directly into the intake.

Any thoughts?

Originally Posted By: Al
Without making any judgment as to whether Sea Foam works or not (I have never tried it). It seems putting it in the gas tank would be as effective as spraying it directly into the intake.

Any thoughts?

Effective at what?

Originally Posted By: Al

Any thoughts?

No, spraying into intake is a whole different thing. There is a shock factor of that stuff hitting the intake and combustion chamber in larger quantity and suddenly (don't dump it in or you may hydrolock a cylinder and smash a rod--pour slowly). Some do it with plain water. I once did the water treatment to the 1992 3.0 Aerostar when it was good an hot from a long run in the summer. I pulled the intake and at the throttle body poured about a pint of water slowly into the intake, while holding it at higher rpm, something like about 4500+, so it would not stall. When I got done the air around the Aerostar smelled like someone had shot of several packs of firecrackers. Can't say the Aerostar ran any better after that though.

It's not near strong enough to be useful as a fuel additive. I use only thru a vacuum line.
You want a fuel additive try anything with amines.

I can't see how it would be the same. The intake only gets semi-combusted PCV returns if it is injected with the fuel. Into the intake would apply all the product right there, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back