Amazon- a following

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Why is lye #1?

Homemade pretzels anyone? Probably nice to munch on some while waiting for the last of the oil to drain.

Why is lye #1?

Because Red Devil lye is hard to find.....and I've never heard anyone refer to it as "homemade pretzels". Weird....

Wait, we talking about Soap, Meth or sewer cleaners....?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
The second most popular item in the motor oil section is a gallon of Lucas. A gallon. Yikes.

Well idiots buy that garbage because its on sale at the auto stores.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Why is lye #1?

Because Red Devil lye is hard to find.....and I've never heard anyone refer to it as "homemade pretzels". Weird....

Wait, we talking about Soap, Meth or sewer cleaners....?

Brushing the dough with a solution of lye is what gives pretzels that deep brown color

Seldom one for lotions and potions mechanical miracles they nevertheless remain popular and profitable!

Forrest Lucas invests truckloads of dough in motorsports sponsorships, etc. Seems like a decent gent but it’s unlikely I’ll ever buy his stuff.

Red Devil Lye is "spiked" with aluminum or magnesium shavings, making it unsuitable to meth mfgrs., among other uses. I'm betting all hardware stores have spiked lye.

Food grade lye is #1, probably picked up because nobody can go down to the local hardware store to buy pure lye anymore.

As for Lucas: It is huge in the Pilots and Flying J and other truck stops. Go in one sometime and see what sells, unbelievable. But if you are in a big rig, it is convenient ...been there and done it...you just cannot get an 18 wheeler conveniently in an AZ store and Wally World is your best bet, but usually as they say, you are always pressed for time .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back