Woman at Walmart Accidentally Shot Dead by 2-Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/us/walmart-shooting-by-2-year-old.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=none&state=standard&contentPlacement=5&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2014%2F12%2F31%2Fus%2Fwalmart-shooting-by-2-year-old.html&eventName=Watching-article-click

Not everyone needs to be carrying a handgun in this country!

Certainly not the dumb ones.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-shot-killed-walmart-idaho-her-toddler-reports-204113892.html

A woman was accidentally shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded handgun from her purse that then went off, a county sheriff said.

The 29-year-old woman was shopping at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, with the toddler seated in her shopping cart when the incident occurred, Kootenai County Sheriff Ben Wolfinger said in a written statement.

Could of been the child. Or someone else.

Last edited:
Question, if you are the other parent, or appointed guardians of the child, do you ever tell them how it happened? Do you tell the child when 18 that they killed their mother?

Yikes
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Feel bad for the kid. He'll be scarred for life.
A two year old won't remember. Basic gun rule Never leave a gun unattended yes guns are always loaded,

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Feel bad for the kid. He'll be scarred for life.
A two year old won't remember. Basic gun rule Never leave a gun unattended yes guns are always loaded,

Its possible to remember , I can remember events when I was two.

I have always felt a purse is just a dumb place to carry a gun. Whats the first thing a thief grabs for? When you carry, the firearm should be in your immediate control for your and every ones safety.

1) Woman was an idiot.
2) It was not an "accident". She broke a rule.
3) Since it's been brought up in this thread it is very sad, but come on, people back over children, children jump in cars when parents leave them running, and yes people die. Cars don't bring sadness and the thoughts are not about banning cars. Frankly guns have brought joy and relaxation to my life. Stress reduction, for sure. Don't make the intelligent law abiding pay for the sins of idiots and the wishes of the controlling people.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Originally Posted By: oliveoil
Guns just bring about all kinds of sadness.
I completely disagree with you.

My guess is that you and would only agree upon one thing, that guns need to be oiled.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
1) Woman was an idiot.
2) It was not an "accident". She broke a rule.
3) Since it's been brought up in this thread it is very sad, but come on, people back over children, children jump in cars when parents leave them running, and yes people die. Cars don't bring sadness and the thoughts are not about banning cars. Frankly guns have brought joy and relaxation to my life. Stress reduction, for sure. Don't make the intelligent law abiding pay for the sins of idiots and the wishes of the controlling people.

Very well put.

Guns don't cause sadness. The idiot with the gun is responsible. The mere idea that this is the guns fault is absurd.
A firearm is a tool,as is a car and a hammer.
I can quite easily harm a person with any of the stated examples,and all 3 have the potential to bring sadness when not used in an appropriate manner.
A tool in the right persons hands can bring joy to people's lives,so give the gun control propaganda a break. (Not directed at you Pablo)

No they don't. It's the user. in this case, the idiot owner who had a gun with a chambered round with the safety off in an open purse where the kid could get to it.

The gun isn't at fault.

The two year old isn't at fault.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I completely disagree with you.

My guess is that you and would only agree upon one thing, that guns need to be oiled.
That is true, yes. But firearms have brought me much fun and enjoyment and a couple trophies.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
She was a Darwin Award winner. It wasn't the fault of the firearm, it was her mishandling of it.

This is true. A sad story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.