Dish Network viewers lose Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News and their allied newspapers actually have foreign bereaus and go pretty in depth into a variety of stuff before AP or the other networks pick up on it. They do some good reporting and put money into it, which the other networks don't.

That said they intersperse their A+ reporting stories (to lull the viewer into complacency/agreement) and corporate propaganda. Then when 7 or 8pm rolls around they convert from a "24 hour news" format (which isn't engaged all 24 hours) to opinion programming with news breaks.

Paul Harvey used to say his product was "news and comments". At least he was honest about it. All news orgs can and should do a better job labelling editorials... but Fox News should lead.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Mercy sakes, the syringe for a daily high of dish-cable stuff is really addictive for zillions of folks, what an expensive habit the world has plunged into our minds---

It doesn't have to be expensive though...give me 10 channels of my choice, cut the rest, cut my bill by 80%, and I'm set....

LOL. Never going to happen. They will instead charge you 80% for the 10 channels because no company ever wants revenue reduction.

I usually watch Brian Williams on NBC for the evening news, occassionally the 'five' on Fox and occassionally The Kelly Files on Fox. I subscribe to two daily newspapers. If you get all of your news from one source you're typically getting only one side of the story whether it's a conservative or liberal point of view. The Fox show at 6 pm eastern, Foxs 'Special Report' is nothing more than an hour long show about politics/politicians with very little news. DirecTV had a dust up a few years ago with some network, can't remember which, but was settled pretty quickly. Just too much money at stake not to reach an agreement quickly.

That is totally right. That one fact alone, that our Great Leader dislikes FOX News is a pretty good reason to watch FOX News.

I don't rely on just FOX News however. I also have some online sources of news. The local newspaper is a joke of a rag and not worth buying.

I forgot another reason why I definitely will continue to watch FOX News, unless FOX News goes downhill in quality. And that reason is when I mentioned here that I watch FOX News some guys here literally ATTACKED me. When somebody attacks me just because of what news channel I watch I will definitely keep watching that news channel. Just like people went to see that Sony movie because somebody somewhere was trying to dictate to Americans what movies they could watch.

Regardless if somebody hates FOX News or not (and they are free to do so) if somebody is trying to dictate to people what news channel they can watch and what movies they can watch, that is dictatorship. And dictatorship is not freedom, even if it is labelled something like Progressive Liberal. A lot of our current college professors would probably argue that point with me, and I don't care. Because I am not very impressed with most of our current college professors.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
>Fox news not viewable
>Nothing of value was lost.

That's an opinion that is lost with most of the viewers of network news broadcasts.

Sorry but you are on the losing end of the spectrem.

Fox news is the only network that the King likes to try to tear down. By name. Specifically. This is because he feels threatened by the truth. He dislikes Fox. The Emperor With No Clothes.

This is also because Fox News is the only network not afraid to tell the people that:
1. It is OK to think negatively. (Of x)
2. It is OK to think negatively.
3. It ain't all roses being Blue.

That said, Fox News's content is not relevant to the issue discussed in this thread. With the provider.

Seriously I don't even know why this is news. This happens to every provider. In recent years there have been high profile incidences with Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish, and more. This is a commonplace occurrence and will be resolved within a few months as it always is. An d if you want to blame someone, blame the network, not your TV provider. Because they are fighting to keep what they pay the same-even if it is for completely selfish reasons. You can't out of one side of your mouth say you don't want them to lose programming temporarily to keep costs down, because it inconveniences you- and out of the other side complain that your TV bill is going up.

So I'll ask you the same question I've asked other folks who reply but seem unable to answer the question.

My monthly charge for cable "along with 2 premium channels I did not have before", plus, phone "with unlimited calling"& high speed internet comes to $120 a month tax incl. Installation is free.

My previous charge for Dish without the 2 premium channels, then factoring in unlimited calling, caller ID, and dsl internet came to $180 bucks a month.

As you can easily see I can have my cake and eat it too, all price guaranteed for 3 years with no contract. That's 720 bucks in my pocket a year. My figures are different that what I earlier posted, my wife set me straight with the correct numbers, we're saving even more than I thought!!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Mercy sakes, the syringe for a daily high of dish-cable stuff is really addictive for zillions of folks, what an expensive habit the world has plunged into our minds---

It doesn't have to be expensive though...give me 10 channels of my choice, cut the rest, cut my bill by 80%, and I'm set....

LOL. Never going to happen. They will instead charge you 80% for the 10 channels because no company ever wants revenue reduction.

No one has any idea what would actually happen if folks could actually pick & choose what channels they wished to watch/subscribe to, it's never been tried before on a nation wide basis. Granted each channel may be higher but the end cost per subscriber could actually be much lower.

To think otherwise if just assuming, and we all know where that takes one.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
That is totally right. That one fact alone, that our Great Leader dislikes FOX News is a pretty good reason to watch FOX News.

I don't rely on just FOX News however. I also have some online sources of news. The local newspaper is a joke of a rag and not worth buying.

I forgot another reason why I definitely will continue to watch FOX News, unless FOX News goes downhill in quality. And that reason is when I mentioned here that I watch FOX News some guys here literally ATTACKED me. When somebody attacks me just because of what news channel I watch I will definitely keep watching that news channel. Just like people went to see that Sony movie because somebody somewhere was trying to dictate to Americans what movies they could watch.

Regardless if somebody hates FOX News or not (and they are free to do so) if somebody is trying to dictate to people what news channel they can watch and what movies they can watch, that is dictatorship. And dictatorship is not freedom, even if it is labelled something like Progressive Liberal. A lot of our current college professors would probably argue that point with me, and I don't care. Because I am not very impressed with most of our current college professors.

+1. Well stated.

Originally Posted By: jcwit

Seriously I don't even know why this is news. This happens to every provider. In recent years there have been high profile incidences with Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish, and more. This is a commonplace occurrence and will be resolved within a few months as it always is. An d if you want to blame someone, blame the network, not your TV provider. Because they are fighting to keep what they pay the same-even if it is for completely selfish reasons. You can't out of one side of your mouth say you don't want them to lose programming temporarily to keep costs down, because it inconveniences you- and out of the other side complain that your TV bill is going up.

So I'll ask you the same question I've asked other folks who reply but seem unable to answer the question.

My monthly charge for cable "along with 2 premium channels I did not have before", plus, phone "with unlimited calling"& high speed internet comes to $120 a month tax incl. Installation is free.

My previous charge for Dish without the 2 premium channels, then factoring in unlimited calling, caller ID, and dsl internet came to $180 bucks a month.

As you can easily see I can have my cake and eat it too, all price guaranteed for 3 years with no contract. That's 720 bucks in my pocket a year. My figures are different that what I earlier posted, my wife set me straight with the correct numbers, we're saving even more than I thought!!!!

Because you're on an introductory special, just wait until it rolls over to the regular price.

I find that I don't watch any network news very often. All of them are so rating hungry that I find the term "news" a big joke.

Out of all of them I can stand Fox more than the rest. Sometimes though I feel the need to just turn the station when Gretchen Carlson starts editorializing too much.
They seem to like to rile people up over next to nothing. Same for CNN.

I get my news from various hand-picked sources on the internet when the need arrises.

My cable company (Comcast) could cancel all my news channels and I'd hardly notice.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Because you're on an introductory special, just wait until it rolls over to the regular price.

Locked in for 3 years at current price, no contract, can drop at any time now or in the future.

Don't think I can't get an introductory price from another carrier in 3 years? LOL

Heck, by then I'll be almost 75!

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: Mystic

+1. Well stated.

And some of these people actually VOTE!

Well for sure none of them are perfect. But I do have a need for a reliable news source and I usually depend on FOX News. But like I said, sometimes CNN will actually cover some major news event better than FOX, and I will watch CNN (as long as they don't get carried away with 24/7 news on some event). I will also watch local news if something major happens where I live. Like the forest fires and flooding we had recently in Colorado. FOX national news and other national news seemed disinterested in what happened in Colorado. I guess because Colorado is considered Fly Over Country.

Our retread who keeps coming back with new user names went flat out ballistic when I mentioned I watched FOX News. That was a while back and I can't remember what user name he was using then. I found that pretty entertaining. He has had at least eight user names.

He also said I was an old man with no friends and no family (actually I have both but oh well). I find it pretty entertaining when old guys like me are told we are old and no longer of any importance to society (I am 63). I am sure there are a lot of older guys here at this website. I find it entertaining that it is claimed the typical age of a FOX News watcher is 68. Because FOX is the number one cable news source. So there must be an awful lot of older people who watch the news. The young people don't watch the news? Well, as bad as some of the network news is today maybe they are better off not watching the news.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
My cable company (Comcast) could cancel all my news channels and I'd hardly notice.
Thankfully not seen any of those news channels for many years and plan to keep it that way.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
No one has any idea what would actually happen if folks could actually pick & choose what channels they wished to watch/subscribe to, it's never been tried before on a nation wide basis. Granted each channel may be higher but the end cost per subscriber could actually be much lower.

To think otherwise if just assuming, and we all know where that takes one.

I, for one, would sure like to try finding out how it works. I do believe, though, that having the majority of subscribers significantly lower their monthly bills would not fly. But, even if I paid the same amount as I'm currently paying for "America's Top 120" for 120 channels I actually might watch I'd do it gladly. To call all of the home shopping garbage part of the "top 120" is nauseating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back