Music is horrible today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I'm quite sure there is some quality modern music, I simply don't want to wade through the cesspool of filth and trash music around today in order to find it. Therefore I choose to listen to big band, swing, classical, and music from the 40's and 50's.

I have no desire to listen to obscene lyrics filled with negative messages, mouthed by people wearing more bling than a 57 Cadillac and more tattoos than a gang member in prison, who's only talent is the ability to market themselves to people who admire such trash.

This may be the best post ever in this site. It is spot on!

+2

80s had some duds, too.

Falco, anyone? ("Rock Me Amadeus") ...
37.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I'm quite sure there is some quality modern music, I simply don't want to wade through the cesspool of filth and trash music around today in order to find it. Therefore I choose to listen to big band, swing, classical, and music from the 40's and 50's.

I have no desire to listen to obscene lyrics filled with negative messages, mouthed by people wearing more bling than a 57 Cadillac and more tattoos than a gang member in prison, who's only talent is the ability to market themselves to people who admire such trash.

This may be the best post ever in this site. It is spot on!

LOL

you old fuddy duddys!

Elvis WAS the rebel of his time; aka the bling'd out and tat'd up gangsta rapper. Your parents didn't approve of rock and roll when it first came out. They wouldn't show Elvis shake his hips on national TV, now look at what they show!!!

Lucky for you, music doesn't die, and WITH the advent of youtube, you can actually find all of the old stuff you like! No need to hunt through record stores - its all there, immediately online for you. Wow! You might actually appreciate progress and technology instead of complaining about i---hold on "GET OFF MY LAWN"----t, stupid kids, what were we talking about again?

The LATE Falco...poor guy got hit head on by a speeding bus in his SUV.

Actually, in a 'Euro 80s dance music' sense, I think there were greater offenders than Falco.

I think the further you get away from rhythm that GOES WITH melody and move toward samples, no melody, self-aggrandizement, You Tube / American Idol mentality, constant N-word, misogyny then the public wants what the public gets. There's a lot of music that isn't like that out there but there's an awful lot that IS...

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
I am just listening to Pachabell's cannon in D major.

I like this version better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6cnLnEARo

smile.gif

Ok... ready for "mind blown?"

smile.gif

You just posted the same version I did, only mine has the video of the guy playing it.

Originally Posted By: theKman
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Rush in the Camaro...

Red Barchetta, perhaps?

Yes, that gets played on occasion.

Subdivisions is the best Rush song, maybe Limelight, or 2112. The crowds at their concerts sure do go nuts when they play Red Barchetta.

Kinda makes me sad guys....

I listen to everything, from classical to world, to our current music...

There is bad music in every generation, so please don't kid me..

Pop, I'm a fan of swing too...
cool.gif

Music changes, people change. Sounds like some of you guys need to travel you tube for a while...I refuse to live in just my "glory" days....granted, MC Hammer was part of mine...
wink.gif

All I hear is the same recycled "beats" and "men" talking in auto-tuned voices that passes for "singing" about weed and the size of their members.

Talk about sorry music.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: gman2304
I was 16 in 1968 and the old folks said the same thing then.

You were the perfect age during THEE BEST era of music!! You and my gf's dad are the same age. He said at his high school during lunch,he and his friends had a band and would get on the stage and play Beatles songs.
11.gif

You got that right! There will never, ever be music produced again as good as the music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s...never!

Agreed 100%. I don't like any singer or group after the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back