$1/qt at autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Boys
MAG1 dexos synthetic - 20qts/$1 ea. (5w30)
Mobil Super Synthetic - 5qts/$1 ea. (5w20)

Auto Zone
EDGE EP - 20 qts/$1 ea. (5w20)
M1 EP - 5qts/$1 ea. (5w30) and 2qts (5w20)

All set for next year+.

Last edited:
Wal-Mart priced matched AZ's $5.00 M1 AFE 0w-30 jug this morning.

I brought in the AZ receipt.

Score!

Originally Posted By: Turk

Score!

WOW!

Too bad my local AZ's don't have the M1 0w30 deal

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
Originally Posted By: stygz
Was the 0w30 priced regularly on the shelf?

No, it was priced just like the Pennzoil Platinum was in the picture I posted two pages back, $5.00

I took the M1 0W30 5 qt. jug to the register and had them scan it, it came up at $36.99. PP came up the at the regular price as well. I asked about closeouts, sales, etc. They handed me a flier. Better luck next time I guess.

Just got an email from auto zone. My entire castrol synth blend order was canceled. Oh well it's gonna be a sad Christmas after all.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

No, it was priced just like the Pennzoil Platinum was in the picture I posted two pages back, $5.00

I took the M1 0W30 5 qt. jug to the register and had them scan it, it came up at $36.99. PP came up the at the regular price as well. I asked about closeouts, sales, etc. They handed me a flier. Better luck next time I guess.

Sorry, Frank.
frown.gif

To all those that got their orders online canceled, I'd complain because you missed out on in-store deals by trying to buy online. It was their mistake. They should compensate in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
^...wow. At least they are giving something. I'd still complain. You can only get maybe 3 or 4 quarts of the kind of stuff they had on sale. 2 M1 EP for that price when you could have $20/20 Quarts of M1 EP in store, but their error leads you to miss out on an insane deal?

I'd still complain and express my displeasure and frustration with them, despite their gesture.

How many days did it take for them to cancel? EXACTLY. They didn't cancel the orders quickly and made you wait LONGER, therefore missing the deals in store.

PS: Some are saying more stores that have the in-store deals get stocked again. Check again every day if it's not out of your way for when they get stocked?
21.gif

Last edited:
I will use the gift card to purchase 2 fram ultras, better than nothing. I'm not very disappointed the order got cancelled, It would have been way too much oil as I already picked up a lot in store prior to ordering on line.
I feel bad for BITOGers who were not able to score in store deals.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
^...wow. At least they are giving something. I'd still complain. You can only get maybe 3 or 4 quarts of the kind of stuff they had on sale. 2 M1 EP for that price when you could have $20/20 Quarts of M1 EP in store, but their error leads you to miss out on an insane deal?

I'd still complain and express my displeasure and frustration with them, despite their gesture.

How many days did it take for them to cancel? EXACTLY. They didn't cancel the orders quickly and made you wait LONGER, therefore missing the deals in store.

PS: Some are saying more stores that have the in-store deals get stocked again. Check again every day if it's not out of your way for when they get stocked?
21.gif

Really? You would complain? Can you imagine what was going on trying to fill those large orders and how fast they were coming in. AZ is being more than fair.

My first order was just cancelled to no stock. They also stated Castrol is discontinuing SynBlend so suspicions are confirmed. They gave me a $20 gift certificate as compensation. Will have to wait to see what happens on the second order, but I can guess the outcome.

Autozone canceled my order too. 78 qt's I'll never get LOL
I just got off of the A/Z web site and they don't show any oil that I can buy online or at the store. Every oil says N/A with no price. Weird
Here is what it says

Pick Up In Store: Not Available
Ship To Home: Not Available

ROD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Sorry, Frank.
frown.gif

To all those that got their orders online canceled, I'd complain because you missed out on in-store deals by trying to buy online. It was their mistake. They should compensate in a meaningful way.

Hi Jim- That's just my luck, I wasn't going to push it, it was going nowhere. I have a big enough stash, that's what I told myself.

I was just on the phone with them for 30min. Ordered individual quarts of castrol online and I called because they have 5qt jugs of it sitting at my local store right now. They're response...it's a different presentation so the oil u ordered doesn't exist...comforting. I can't tell you how much I passed up because of my previous online order!! Dang

This is why I bought so much at the stores.

A bird in the hand...
Is worth more than 2 in the bush...

I just checked my email and I got the same one.
I'll take a free $20.00 gift card and I still have a three hundred quart stash of cheap or free oil, so I'm not mad.
AZ is doing the same thing that TireRack did when they screwed up on their site.
One could complain bitterly, but it would gain him nothing other than elevated blood pressure and stomach acid.
At least AZ is throwing out a gift card as a bone.
TireRack didn't have enough decency (or maybe commercial savy) to do that.

After seeing all the cancelled orders, this makes me glad I bought the oil in store.

While i would have liked to have more 5w20, my 2x bigger stash of 5w30 will be fine for moms Elantra. 5w20 is "recommended", but 5w30 can be used if needed.

Originally Posted By: Turk

Score!

I couldn't stand it anymore and went AZ shopping this afternoon. Scored two $5.00 M1 SFE 0w-30 as well to add to the PU stash. Took 3 different AZ's to find anything worthy of purchase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back