2014 Nissan Pathfinder oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a new pathfinder, i think i'm going to use Pennzoil Plat and Napa gold filters. or was thinking about Eneos oil for it. Give me you thoughts going 3750 mile on a oil change thanks

Only 3,750? I'd use the cheapest oil that meets the manufacturer's specifications. No reason to buy an expensive oil if you're changing it that often.

i was just going to go the min for a oil change, we take it on trips and not our daily driver....i have a 08 impala that the wife drives all the time and it gets marathon 5w30 with no problem

Cheapest name brand 5w30 syn i could find. I would try Quaker State Ultimate Durability or Pennzoil Platinum. Supertech syn 5w30 would also be a wise choice.

You don't "need" a syn, but the synthetic 5w30 properties are desirable in the winter IMO.

If you desire a less expensive conventional price, i would use Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5w30, no contest in my mind.

The normal service for Nissan is hard to meet. I have pyb 5w30 in my Nissan right now. usually gets pp. Thought I would try some yellow bottle since I got it for 2.50 a quart.

Originally Posted By: bdodd4
thanks for the in put , now considering penz yellow bottle too...ha ha now the wheels in my head are turning..

I ran PYB 5w-30 in my G37 for the longest time, until I found a stash of Delvac 1 in my shed. I, too, was stuck on the 3750 mile OCI while under warranty.

Originally Posted By: abycat
The normal service for Nissan is hard to meet. I have pyb 5w30 in my Nissan right now. usually gets pp. Thought I would try some yellow bottle since I got it for 2.50 a quart.

How so?

If I am not mistaken Nissan dropped the 3750/7500 OCI for the pathfinder in 2014. It should be a straight 5000 OCI.

After I did the first couple free oil changes with valvoline syn blend (dealer) I went to M1 7500 OCI. I do mixed driving, no towing. I have not done a analysis and probably will not. You can get some great deals with PP along with discount on gas from shell. My last 5qt jug cost me $12, hard not to go with PP. Also pennzoil had a deal where you can register for their warranty and you practically get a 5qt jug of PP for free.

Last edited:
I'm on the bandwagon with the yellow bottle Pennzoil ... I've seen a few UOA's for it on here that beats some synthetics on some engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back