Anything better than Scotchgard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a few years since I have Scotchgarded automotive upholstery. I was just wondering if there is any new product that could be better. I keep hearing and reading about all sorts of new "hydrophobic" treatments that say they are the best, but after searching I found nothing.

CarPro Fabric and Leather Treatment or Optimum Opti Guard Interior (professional only)

G-Techniq makes some good stuff as well.

Nah, but the dealer tried and informed me of the dire consequences of not purchasing their fabric guard.

If you don't have anything on it now and you don't have a major liquid spillage issue then I wouldn't bother beyond fabric guards that you can buy at JoAnn these days. Seat covers that go over your OEM seat are cheaper and nicer now. And if worse comes to worse replacing the OEM seat cover is easier to find and cheaper than before.

I have used 303 Fabric Guard when I had my '12 Mustang. The one or two coffee spills cleaned up completely. Since that time I've used it on some outerwear and bags with pretty good results.

Not the end all be all 100% awesome product but it works well for a while.

Originally Posted By: buck91
I have used 303 Fabric Guard when I had my '12 Mustang. The one or two coffee spills cleaned up completely. Since that time I've used it on some outerwear and bags with pretty good results.

Not the end all be all 100% awesome product but it works well for a while.

I vote for this as well. Prep work is vital, I prefer a steam clean before than spray 303 Fabric Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back