2009 Toyota Venza

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a new to me vehicle and was sold as Toyota certified used. Its a base model 4cyl that has a lot of features standard and only 42k miles on the odo. I already have a Camry and decided to stick with what I have. First off, they call it a cross over (some say station wagon) but no matter what its called it reminds me of a 4 door sedan of my youth. You know a car with room in it. Very good vehicle and drives great, looks good too. It has a large 4 cyl (2.7) and 6 speed auto that I have in the camry and works quite well as long as you don't try to tow anything with it. (that's what trucks are for) You can get these for 16-17 grand and are a nice deal for the money. Pros: good amount of room especially with the seats folded down, good ride height, easy in and out both front and rear seats, easy to use hatch back, good mileage at around 26 mpg. Cons: it comes with either 19" or 20" wheels so tires are expensive, I'm not thrilled at the power for the 4cyl in the hill country where I live (trans is shifting to keep up speed), the stereo is a bit anemic. If it holds up as well as the camry it will be worth the money.

I've often wondered why Toyota doesn't sell the 4WD Camry wagon here that is sold in other parts of the world.

Im sure the 4cyl will do just fine. I find the Camry 4 cyl quite sufficient for most things besides quick accel from a stop, but definitely not a slouch.. the Corolla 4 cyl on the other hand, I find could certainly use more power. I am sure it will last long for you. Enjoy!

skip the truck 4 banger and spring for the v6. you will not regret it.

I have a 2014 Toyota Venza 2.7 AWD. Bought new and have 4,300 miles on it. Put a hitch on it and tow a utility trailer. Works good for me.

I only have one question regarding the Toyo A 20 tires that came with it. How many miles are they getting?

I've always liked the looks of these. It's about the only Toyota that does look good to me. I'd have to get the V6 AWD also.

I drove one of these last year with a 4cyl turbo diesel, stick shift, it was great. I cant understand why they don't bring it to the US.
Plenty of power, incredible fuel economy, whats not to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back