Egg Nog...love it or hate it?

I love egg nog, my wife hates it. I think it's that kind of drink. I get mine from a local dairy and it is so good compared to the usual grocery store egg nog. I can't wait for the holidays so I can get my seasonal fix of egg nog. I don't spike mine as I have never been much of a alcohol drinker. My wife says it tastes like cough syrup. Any other egg nog lovers/haters out there? Share your recipes!

I usually buy a couple of quarts around this time of year. Good stuff. Don't want to pound a half gallon... but it's a nice drink.

Borden's in cans used to be great; I did not find it this year.
Our local mart has its own quarts that are very decent. Too many are way too sweet.

I love it and the season, but usually go for low fat versions. I have not tried any of the soy/almond varieties. Has anyone?

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
I love it and the season, but usually go for low fat versions. I have not tried any of the soy/almond varieties. Has anyone?

Good God, man, what's wrong with you?!?!

Full fat, full time when it comes to egg nog. I'll watch the diet elsewhere (and I do watch what I eat).

I like it so much I'll even drink the "Silk Nog" (soy egg nog). Even though I am a drinker I prefer my egg nog without liquor.

It's like drinking liquid creme brulee to me!

It actually tastes better in the Moose Mugs my kids bought for me last year.

moosemugsmovie.jpg

Originally Posted By: theKman
I too am fortunate enough to live near a dairy farm that makes the most incredible egg nog. I usually drink it straight, but sometimes mix in a bit of rum or brandy. They also make seasonal flavors of ice cream, including an egg nog flavor.

I get mine in glass quart jugs and crack them open while driving in my car.

Some dumb law passed recently where they had to add "contains egg" stickers to the lids. D'ya think?

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I would drink more of it if it wasn't for its 1 calorie/mL hit for the good stuff. So a couple of glasses can = a meal.
It's a calorie killer, Hood is pretty good for a store bought nog. I don't put booze in either.

Back