Weird private-label tire names

Everyone here has seen them...strangely-named tires sold online or as tire-store cheapies. So...what have you seen? I saw three today...

On a Jeep Wrangler YJ: Atlas Tire Desperado
On a Grand Prix GTP: Eldorado Golden Fury GFT
On an E450 box truck: Unicorn Creation

A woman at my office has some kind of Kia or Hyundai sport ute, she just put tires on it a couple of weeks ago, they are called "Thunderer". I have never heard of them but she says it rides a lot better now.

Some of the private label names are very peculiar, to say the least. I saw one the other day that I thought funny, but cannot recall in now.

But even some of the mainstream brands have ridiculous names. Hankook? Really?

Originally Posted By: WANG
I've seen some "Golden Boy" motorcycle tires recently. They are actually Shinkos.
Shinko is a Korean company which bought the Yokohama motorcycle tire business. Their tires get good reviews and they make sizes which fit older bikes.
I'm thinking... Did I once see a tire called the "Road Mangler 500" on an SUV?
smile.gif

You might have...I vaguely recall something like that.

When bought, my uncle's F-250 had "Force 4 All-Terrains" on it.

Another one that caught my attention: Centennial Canyon Climber.

Eldorado's are made by Cooper....so are Avon, Cooper, Dean, Mastercraft, Mentor, Starfire, Definity, Roadmaster, Mickey Thompson, **** Cepek, Chengshan, Austone, and Fortune.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Eldorado's are made by Cooper....so are Avon, Cooper, Dean, Mastercraft, Mentor, Starfire, Definity, Roadmaster, Mickey Thompson, **** Cepek, Chengshan, Austone, and Fortune.

...and Road Runner.

I haven't heard of any of the ones mentioned here, but I got a good chuckle from them!

I've seen "Power King"-- as if the tire is going to magically add 50HP to the engine or something.

And something along the lines of "The Force"-- is the tire advertising an ability to provide locomotion on its own?

Goodyear Viva cracks me up, who'd name a tire after a paper towel?

My Neon came with Doral tires (apparently private label Sumitomo), and all I could think of was cigarettes.

Tire store I worked at 3 years ago sold "Sumic" which is just a letter away from "Poison Sumac", something I'm not itching to try. Now they sell Hi-Flys as their cheap tire.

What cracks me up the most is when some off brand makes bold font white letter tires... for that 80s Buick Regal or pre-93 Dodge truck. Free Bird!

Fate is the leading Argentinian tire manufacturer. I had a set of Fate-Os on a Volvo 240 wagon years ago, and they were very good tires.

Back