Wagner ThermoQuiet Or QuickStop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThermoQuiet. The Quick Stops are Wagners cheap line of brake pads. The TQs last quite while and have very little brake dust. Two other reccomendations are Akebono pads or Autopart International's Posi-Met Pads which are awesome.

^^^ Not in my experience. The seem about average. I have used a couple of sets--- quiet, near zero dust, last a long time. But they are not especially grippy. Some of it varies--- TQ pads on my van feel very similar to akebono ACT. But the TQ shoes on the back of my truck do not provide as much stop as whatever they replaced.

Originally Posted By: meep
^^^ Not in my experience. The seem about average. I have used a couple of sets--- quiet, near zero dust, last a long time. But they are not especially grippy. Some of it varies--- TQ pads on my van feel very similar to akebono ACT. But the TQ shoes on the back of my truck do not provide as much stop as whatever they replaced.

I have the same experiences of thermoquiet the 2004 TSX. TQ was not as grippy as OE pad, but very very low dust. It does not have the "sharp initial bit" OE used to have, but i can live with that. the TSX now has wearever plat and have a bit more dust (only noticeable after 6 month of usage without car wash..) and comparable gripping power compare to TQ.

Originally Posted By: gogozy
Originally Posted By: meep

I have the same experiences of thermoquiet the 2004 TSX. TQ was not as grippy as OE pad, but very very low dust. It does not have the "sharp initial bit" OE used to have, but i can live with that. the TSX now has wearever plat and have a bit more dust (only noticeable after 6 month of usage without car wash..) and comparable gripping power compare to TQ.

I have Wearever Plats and I had Wager TQs on before and the only reason I got the Wearever Plats is AAP had a special for new rotors with Wearever Plats... So I got Wearever Plats and New Rotors.. Put them on, and made sure I washed all the rust inhibator stuff they put on rotor OFF... Then put on the rotor and brakes and all I can say the the Wearever Plats are a DIRTY Brake.... WOW.. The Wagner TQ was like a brownish dust and very easy to clean and the Wearever Plats is BLACK and very hard to clearn and even after a car wash. 1 drive and they are dirty again.... Matter of fact I got my old Rotors turned and going to put them back on with my Wagner TQ....

However I can say the brakes Stop just as good or better then the Wagner TQ, Plus when in bht box it came with new brake hardware... Thats was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back