Russia to start bomber patrols in Gulf of Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trajan

As a gov't can print the money, I find the "global elites" theory laughable.

This isn't the Middle Ages.

Our government does not print money - that power was given to a privately owned banking cartel (the Federal Reserve) many decades ago.

Euro countries give up this power as a condition of joining the EMU.

In the less-developed world, governments that accept IMF "assistance" loses monetary self-determination.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BubbaFL
Originally Posted By: Trajan

As a gov't can print the money, I find the "global elites" theory laughable.

This isn't the Middle Ages.

Our government does not print money - that power was given to a privately owned banking cartel (the Federal Reserve) many decades ago.

Euro countries give up this power as a condition of joining the EMU.

In the less-developed world, governments that accept IMF "assistance" loses monetary self-determination.

The Fed is owned fractionally by every bank in the US and is charted as a clearing house; all profit/loss goes to the US treasury.

And you have the "printing" process (whatever that even means) backwards; the fed doesn't create money. The Congress does when it deficit spends, and people do when they get bank loans. The Fed has no power to inject or flood the economy with money; it changes the composition of money already spent into existence to alter interest rates, and is the monopoly supplier of RESERVES. The Fed could go out and buy every financial asset in the economy and net private financial assets would not change.

Some of you guys should do some actual factual research instead of listening to gold and silver retailers and conspiracy peddlers.

Last edited:
Steve I agree with you on that. That billionaire gave something like 74 million dollars in contributions to various politicians running for office. What is funny is that they all lost. I think we need some reform in regulations and that there should be control over outside contributions to political contests in states. In is wrong when wealthy fanatics trying to change politics in states can make these fantastic contributions.

Here in Colorado we have had some wealthy outside people making huge contributions to try to influence political races.

But all of this nonsense about there being some sort of 'global elite' ruling the world is just that-nonsense.

There is another video where Ben Bernanke tells a Congressman
that he REFUSES to divulge which foreign banks were given
500 BILLION dollars to. I'm trying to find it.

The bottom line is that according to the US Constitution
NO other entity but the US Treasury should control the US money system. Congress violated their own oath when they gave control of our money to the PRIVATE FED RESERVE. It is a PRIVATE
CORPORATION.

The Federal Reserve System's structure is composed of the presidentially appointed Board of Governors (or Federal Reserve Board), the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation, numerous privately owned U.S. member banks and various advisory councils.

Not controlled by "global elites."

The Governors are nominated by the President of the United States, and nominations must be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

The presidents of the Federal Reserve Banks are nominated by each bank's respective Board of Directors, but must also be approved by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve.

Again, not controlled by "global elites."

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Clevy

And whomever mentioned nukes in Russia hit the nail on the head. I watched something on either A&E or the history channel where these Russian guys were selling undercover agents arms that were stolen when the soviet government caved.
These guys had access to submarines,missiles,and even nukes,all for a price.
At least America has the sense to keep their nukes from being sold to the highest bidder.
Everything else is for sale though.

Their field commanders are literally dictators in their little kingdoms, running their show any way they want.

Got some cash? You can get anything you want...

Serious question: do you think that someone with enough cash could get his hands on, say, a supersonic bomber? (Blinder or Backfire) I'd bet they could.

Serious answer:
There are a few American supersonic fighters in private hands, as well as some from the former USSR.
There was even a fellow who pieced together his very own Mach 2 Lockheed F-104.
You probably could buy one of these obsolete bombers, but what would you do with it?
It wouldn't be a serious threat to anyone for the same reason that the B-70 program was cancelled. The heat signature of one of these big, fast beasts would make for a very easy target to detect and then take down with either ground or air launched missles.
Let's say that some group intent on mayhem got their hands on one of these beasts.
Where would they base it?
How would they maintain it?
Who would crew it?
It's not as though some South Florida flight school has a sim or instructors for one of these things.
Even if you could buy one, it would probably kill you before you got to do anything nasty with it.
If I were a bad guy intent on deploying nuclear, biological or chemical weapons against any civilian target, I'd use a shipping container, not a fast old bomber that even a blind man would see coming.
Conatainers are anonymous and usually not opened by customs or security personnel and you see huge stacks of them at every port in the world.
If I wanted to use an aircraft, early Lears, which are plenty fast, can be picked up in flying condition for a little more than pocket change.
What I'm trying to convey here is that an old Russian bomber wouldn't be a very effective means of delivering a weapon anywhere in the developed world.
Such an aircraft would be more of a threat to those trying to use it than it would be to any city.

As has been repeated many times in past threads, usually in response to one of your posts reflecting a lack of understanding of the Fed, the Fed is independent within the government. It is not independent of the government.
Talk radio has its limitations as a source of reliable information and the supposed evils of the Fed have long been a staple of these call-in shows.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
As has been repeated many times in past threads, usually in response to one of your posts reflecting a lack of understanding of the Fed, the Fed is independent within the government. It is not independent of the government.
Talk radio has its limitations as a source of reliable information and the supposed evils of t

The Fed have long been a staple of these call-in shows.

Did you LISTEN to what Alan Greenspan said? Obviously NOT.

Thanks but I listen to the horses mouth rather that what some random interwebz guy wants to claim about the control of the
Private Fed Corporation.

ATTN:

OP adds comic relief to thread

You guys debating the workings of the Federal Reserve remind me Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in the SEC scene from "The Other Guys":

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back