Under engine cover on new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely leave the splash shield on. It's there to protect the engine from road debris and it will also help keep the engine/engine bay clean.

Originally Posted By: old1
I figured it was for wind, but sure wish there was an access hole to drain oil and get to the filter. Maybe I can figure a way to make a hole in the proper place(s) and then an easily removed cover for the holes.

I have seen a couple late model Fords with holes hacked into the undercover.

Gee I thought only Audi denied access to oil & filter with belly pans, on the assumption that only highly German-trained techs would change their oil I guess. With Ford you better believe they saved a few pennies by denying you easy access to the most common maintenance you need to do on your vehicle, and probably purely out of the same spite and ignorance that produced 3-thread Tritons, long-nosed spark plug Tritons, and the 6.0L Diesel, along with all the warranty denials and customer charges.

I have 3 modern vehicles with belly pans, and all of them have easy to access oil drains and filter locations, I made sure of that before I bought them. You see, I only buy vehicles from manufacturers that have at least a modicum of respect for their customers.

And if one broken connector bothers you, wait until the Dealer or Iffy lube is through with it! My buddy's 2 y.o. Audi had more than half its plastic rivets missing, and sure enough they were grouped together at the back so the whole front of the belly pan was hanging, flapping and making awful noise on the highway. We managed to redistribute them every-other-hole and get rid of the noise. Since them I've stocked up on every kind and size plastic rivet that Japan and the US make, cheap on eBay (but NEVER at a dealer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back