Wix vs Wix XP Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
And what does a vacuum have to do with an engine's oiling system?
confused.gif
This is going into the weeds really fast.

There's one thing in common that oiling systems and vacuums both need: FLOW
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Good luck with that ...
Not that I am disrespecting you; it's Wix Customer Service I'm purposely disrespecting here. They suck.

I just got off the phone with a lengthy discussion with Wix Technical Services. I told the nice lady on the phone that their Wix XP product is taking a beating because of it's efficiency rating. I also said that the efficiency rating doesn't bother me personally, but somebody from their company needs to join BITOG and answer some of these questions and accusations about their efficiency rating. I told her that BITOG is a huge forum with thousands of members and that internet chatter can make or break a product. She said she is forwarding my information to her supervisor and that she's fairly confident that they can get someone from Technical Services to join our forum. She also asked me to please not mention her name in this thread.
grin2.gif

There already is/was a Wix employee here; PeteC. He rarely ever shows up, though. Gary Allan (RIP) had a decent relationship with him, but we've lost track of PeteC over the years after Gary passed. I personally had PM'd Pete a few times, and generally get nothing back, so it's not like he was really into this place. If he has an alternate member identity, I have no idea what it is.

I will be shocked to see if Wix actually takes this seriously. BITOG is a niche market. And if they are are smart, they are going to scour and read all the posts here before they join and post info. The will likely realize that in this filter sub-forum, they are going to take a pounding with relentless questions. It's generally a no-win for them. I will be impressed if they do man-up and stand their ground with real data and eschew the marketing hype. But I'm not holding my breath. What do we expect, anyway? Do we think that the Tech Svc department is going to suddenly unload all their testing data carte blanche, for the whole world (including their competitors) to see? Let me remind everyone that they USED TO post individual Beta Data for filters, but a few years ago they started "white-washing" the reported data to the infamous "2/20=6/20" now seen on nearly every filter spec. Why would Wix send a person to the site to contradict their open marketing information? If you think silence is hard on a reputation, what do you think direct conflicting data would be interpreted as??? They would be slaughtered as "un-organized", "liars", etc ... Face it; we're a pretty rought crowd at times.

The XP versus common Wix is generally a non-issue for me. I don't need an XP when I see plenty of first-hand evidence that the typical filters can go 15k miles in my normal use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Quote:

Fram Ultras are the best anyway...

I believe you would post that response in a thread about goldfish.

So true, even the Pepperidge Farm type. It appears the lead surrogate Fram shill has his copy regularly fed like pablum. Free filters are great motivation for some.

Which leads back to the unproven bluster allegation made earlier in the thread that WixXP/(Napa Platinum) and Wix branded/labeled /(Napa Gold) are using combo valves as standard. It's now been the few days asked and no links, no pics, no evidence has been provided to back the allegations. So as said, it's nothing more than bogus information provided as part of smear propaganda. Otoh, multiple links from this forum have now been provided proving XP/NP use a dome bypass.

Again, no XP/NP use a combo valve and no Wix branded/labeled or Napa Gold 'automotive' application filter uses a combo valve. And that is confirmed by dissections of multiple applications posted here over time.

It's very obvious now that the XP combo valve allegations was not based on any first hand knowledge or it would have been easily produced by now. Also clear the not so mystery source is unable to provide proof either. And if it was prevalent as implied proof should have been easily provided. As said, talk is cheap.

As for having a Wix rep here, couldn't care less either way. I do my own research on filters and make my own decisions. Now getting Napa Gold for ~$3.65 on sale which makes them an excellent value in a silicone adbv filter that fit my needs and fci. But based on what I've observed recently, the points made about shillery are duly taken. As an aside, following his signature Pete C has been retired from Wix for awhile now.

As I don't use XP/NP the efficiency information discussion is of little concern to me.

^^^ LOL, nobody is getting free filters to conduct "shillery" here.

confused.gif

happy2.gif

Well, that sucks ... just like the XPs efficiency.
grin.gif

...nobody is getting free filters to conduct "shillery" here.

And you know this for a fact of all posters here? Or you are speaking for yourself?

Because as the link to a recent thread illustrates it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Bitog used to obtain a free Noco Boost promoted on three separate thread starters. It has a ~$130 Amazon value. Btw OVERKILL hit the nail on the head in that thread.

And that doesn't change the main portion of my last post regarding the combo valve allegation. Though it may well explain it.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3523454/1

confused.gif

happy2.gif

grin.gif

I guess I don't have to elaborate on "spouted relentlessly every other post in practically every oil filter thread."

I believe we all get the picture.

You know there is nothing wrong with the Wix XP's efficiency.

You just prefer another manufacturer's top of the line filter.

We all get it after 4,000 posts confirming that fact.

Rain Man would even get that.

I couldn't even get a free filter when I informed Purolator I had one that failed and tore the filter media, and was kind enough to tip them off of a problem back in May 2011.

Why would anyone send me or anyone else free oil filters just because we reference the same exact specs that the filter manufacturer advertises?

Remember back when discussions on this board focus around the PureOne and how everyone though it was so flow restrictive? The few people who tried to kill that myth were never accused of being "Purolator shills" that were getting free filters, etc.

confused.gif

happy2.gif

grin.gif

I guess I don't have to elaborate on "spouted relentlessly every other post in practically every oil filter thread."

I believe we all get the picture.

We all get it after 4,000 posts confirming that fact.

Rain Man would even get that.

And how many posts do you have that is clearly putting down certain filters for no good reason except the name on the can? You can't even correlate your likes/dislikes to any real performance specs of the products. Your likes and dislikes are all emotional based instead of hard spec and scientific based.

Apparently you and rain man still don't get it.
grin.gif

Purolator never had a representative that frequents this board.

And as said, the unsubstantiated combo valve allegations I've read several other places besides bitog all from the same source. And now that the other link is posted, it fits the mo and is not without precedent. Clearly said poster is unable to provide the substantiation so it had to come from elsewhere. As actually was admitted.

I'll take it that you speak for yourself.

I haven't looked into the "combo valve allegations", and don't really care to anyway. Yeah, I pretty much speak for myself around here.
grin.gif

The information on the combo valves is coming, probably next week.

Not sure what my Genius Boost thread had to do with this but whatever. It just proves i like good products.

I, and many others here, like oil filters that are a bit more efficient than 50% @ 20 microns. I personally wouldn't pay the high price of a WIX XP or NAPA Platinum to get bottom of the barrel efficiency. Why do that when there are other full synthetic filters (Ultra, Amsoil, Purolator, Donaldson, etc) that filter at much higher efficiency, and are rated for at least as long of mileage use as the XP/Platinum.

Quote:

Not sure what my Genius Boost thread had to do with this but whatever. It just proves i like good products.

A week now, from a few days. Ok. For someone making bold unproven statements to disparage another brand, you've had much difficulty backing it up. But it's good that everyone can see you aren't providing the information yourself. Tell your errand boy he's a little slow getting you the info for someone so boastful.

As for the Noco link, if you don't see the difference between liking 'good products' and what you did, then you really don't get, ie., re-read OVERKILL's comment in that thread several times. He and many others get it.

I would expect everyone here likes good products, the difference is most pay for them themselves.

And the main reason I care about the posted combo valve tripe, is about posting accurate information. Not posting unsubstantiated claims designed to disparage one brand in order in an attempt to make another look better.

Similar to those harping on XP's efficiency. It too is about accuracy.

People saying the XP is 50% @ 20 microns are 100% accurate, as that is exactly what WIX Tech Dept advertises. People see the accurate number, then people decide if they like it or not. People keep thinking it's a "misprint" ... but it's been confirmed multiple times by multiple members getting word straight from WIX that it's not. The "harping" is accurate.
grin.gif

And much as you don't care about the combo valve, I don't care about the XP's efficiency.

But it's good to know at least one 'nobody' eliminated from the shillery.
grin.gif

Personally, I only know what I see-and the Ultra is built like a tank. I tried to take one apart (referenced elsewhere in this section) & practically couldn't cut the media backing apart with sheet metal shears. Fact is, unless one is running in the desert with no air filter for a 15K OCI, I can't believe that there is enough difference between the XP & Ultra, or even a Gold or TG, to make much difference in the long run. However, I can live without torn media, wavy fiber end caps that may or may not seal, or junky nitrile ADBVs.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:

A week now, from a few days. Ok. For someone making bold unproven statements to disparage another brand, you've had much difficulty backing it up. But it's good that everyone can see you aren't providing the information yourself. Tell your errand boy he's a little slow getting you the info for someone so boastful.

As for the Noco link, if you don't see the difference between liking 'good products' and what you did, then you really don't get, ie., re-read OVERKILL's comment in that thread several times. He and many others get it.

I would expect everyone here likes good products, the difference is most pay for them themselves.

And the main reason I care about the posted combo valve tripe, is about posting accurate information. Not posting unsubstantiated claims designed to disparage one brand in order in an attempt to make another look better.

Similar to those harping on XP's efficiency. It too is about accuracy.

We will both see if the information i was given is accurate, i was trusting that it was and am eager to see the facts too. If i don't get the information that i am after then maybe i will have to find a new source.

I want all you guys to look at the hair on your arm right now.

A 20 micron sized particle is 1/2 the width of that single hair on your arm.

A Wix XP is catching 50% of all those 20 micron sized particles that go through the filter.

That's plenty good enough for me.

I want all you guys to look at the hair on your arm right now.

A 20 micron sized particle is 1/2 the width of that single hair on your arm.

A Wix XP is catching 50% of all those 20 micron sized particles that go through the filter.

That's plenty good enough for me.

Very good lesson not to stick your arm in your engine. The hair may clog your oil filter
smile.gif
. Unless you are running the Wix XP
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back