Wix vs Wix XP Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

[font:Verdana]She said she is forwarding my information to her supervisor and that she's fairly confident that they can get someone from Technical Services to join our forum.

Geez, we don't need another manufacturer's rep on this forum.

I get tired of all the [censored] kissing and knee jerk marketing brochure bull [censored] on here already.

These guys should be paying to spout the direct marketing bull [censored] they bring to this forum.

If we get a pot load of Wix shills on here in addition to the shills we already have, you won't be able to get an unbiased opinion out of anybody.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

[font:Verdana]She said she is forwarding my information to her supervisor and that she's fairly confident that they can get someone from Technical Services to join our forum.

I get tired of all the [censored] kissing and knee jerk marketing brochure bull [censored] on here already.

Those guys should be paying to spout the direct marketing bull [censored] they bring to this forum.

If we get a pot load of Wix shills on here in addition to the shills we already have, you won't be able to get an unbiased opinion out of anybody.

Don't worry it probably won't happen. Fram Ultras are the best anyway.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Fram Ultras are the best anyway.
smile.gif

I believe you would post that response in a thread about goldfish.

smile.gif

A gold fish tank retrofitted with a full flow spin on filtration system that needed a Fram Ultra to keep it clean? Probably would need an XG8A since it's a large size.

These guys should be paying to spout the direct marketing bull [censored] they bring to this forum.

Guess you don't want any WIX shill competition coming your way ... LOL.

smile.gif

A gold fish tank retrofitted with a full flow spin on filtration system that needed a Fram Ultra to keep it clean? Probably would need an XG8A since it's a large size.

LOL ... would only have to change the water every 15 months.
grin.gif

Where do you propose to get information and data about filters? Care to fund some outside studies? The reality is that it is the manufacturers who test their filters and post the spec tested to a listed iso test method. Otherwise I don't know where we would ever get these numbers or any other design information about the filters.

We need a factory rep for what ZeeOSix has been dishin' out. There's no tellin' how much damage he's done to their sales and reputation.
shocked.gif

^^^ I'm just saying what WIX says about their own filters. If WIX says the efficiency of the XP is 50% @ 20 microns over and over to everyone who calls them and shows that on their website, then I guess that's what it is ... no matter how many WIX Reps sign-up here.

^^^ The thing about it is though, the general public wouldn't know that 50% @ 20 microns is bad unless you were here to remind them every 5 seconds.
grin2.gif

Yep, so let the real oil filter connoisseurs make up their own minds based on the specs WIX advertises. It's no secret to members here that there are better full synthetic filters for less money. If someone wants better filtering efficiency, it would make more sense to use a regular WIX or a full synthetic filter with much better efficiency.

^^^ Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the efficiency increases as the filter gets loaded up?

The correct ISO test should load it up enough to test for overall efficiency, and i can tell you i know its been tested by people other than Wix on ISO 4548-12 even though Wix doesn't list this and it's still only 50% @ 20 microns.

^^^ Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the efficiency increases as the filter gets loaded up?

here's what I posted regarding a similar question earlier in this thread.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Well does the media employ only surface filtration, or depth filtration, or density graded depth filtration, or some combination of those?

That needs to be known as well since depth filtration is significantly different than just surface filtration, and can be tailored to have different levels of depth filtration (like the Fram Ultra media and Pennzoil Platinum media).

The correct ISO test should load it up enough to test for overall efficiency, and i can tell you i know its been tested by people other than Wix on ISO 4548-12 even though Wix doesn't list this and it's still only 50% @ 20 microns.

Yes, all filters (air and oil) get more efficient as they load up. But even though WIX doesn't reference the ISO 4548-12 test specification, whatever test spec they did use you can bet they use the most efficient numbers seen from that test.

What I'm saying is the specified efficiency by WIX probably IS after it has loaded up, which means when it's new and hasn't loaded up some, the efficiency is even worse than 50% @ 20 microns.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Yes, all filters (air and oil) get more efficient as they load up.

Not necessarily true of media designed for depth filtration. Depth filtration media doesn't build a filter cake, and pretty much stays media controlled unless you put a very fine depth filtration element in a service that is highly loaded with a great population density of particles significantly larger than the media is designed for.

Can be true for media designed only for surface filtration - the filtration can become filter cake controlled instead of media controlled at some point in the filter element's life.

We need a factory rep for what ZeeOSix has been dishin' out. There's no tellin' how much damage he's done to their sales and reputation.
shocked.gif

I understand and agree about the damage from the constant shillery.

The misinformation, like filter efficiency of 50% @ 20 microns is bad, is ridiculous when it is spouted relentlessly every other post in practically every oil filter thread.

It becomes an indoctrination instead of opinion or helpful information.

Yes, all filters (air and oil) get more efficient as they load up. But even though WIX doesn't reference the ISO 4548-12 test specification, whatever test spec they did use you can bet they use the most efficient numbers seen from that test.

What I'm saying is the specified efficiency by WIX probably IS after it has loaded up, which means when it's new and hasn't loaded up some, the efficiency is even worse than 50% @ 20 microns.

I'm wondering how long that Fram Ultra can continue to catch 20 micron sized particles 99% of the time before going into bypass. Seems like if it was that sensitive to dirt, it would clog up fast. What happens when a filter on a garage vacuum starts getting clogged up? It starts losing suction fast. A vacuum needs lots of air flow to create suction.

For those of you just tuning in, 20 microns is 1/2 the width of a human hair.

shocked.gif

I understand and agree about the damage from the constant shillery.

The misinformation, like filter efficiency of 50% @ 20 microns is bad, is ridiculous when it is spouted relentlessly every other post in practically every oil filter thread.

It becomes an indoctrination instead of opinion or helpful information.

"Misinformation"? ...LOL. It's what WIX claims ... go harp on them. So just how is that "shillery" when people ask, and they get the same answer that WIX Tech would give them.

Geezzz ... you really need to get a pair of reality glasses. LOL

I'm wondering how long that Fram Ultra can continue to catch 20 micron sized particles 99% of the time before going into bypass. Seems like if it was that sensitive to dirt, it would clog up fast. What happens when a filter on a garage vacuum starts getting clogged up? It starts losing suction fast. A vacuum needs lots of air flow to create suction.

For those of you just tuning in, 20 microns is 1/2 the width of a human hair.

You do realize that Fram rates the Ultra for up to 15,000 miles of use. You think they would rate it for 15K if it was easily clogged? And I'm sure there is some headroom/safety factor in that rating.

And what does a vacuum have to do with an engine's oiling system?
confused.gif
This is going into the weeds really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back