AC Delco stopped making the PF59?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been unable to find PF59 filters anywhere, the local parts store took the slot they used to be in away completely. Many people from my Avalanche board are saying the same thing. Anyone have any info on this situation? Apparently they are pushing the PF44 in its place, are their specs similar?

I don't know the reason, but I believe the PF59 has been replaced by the PF46. The reason I say that is because:

I changed the oil on my mother in law's 2002 Tahoe last year. The previous oil change had been done at the Chevy dealer. They used a PF59. When I changed the oil, I looked in the book at Autozone, & it lists the PF46 as the filter for her vehicle.

Also, Autozone's website lists the PF59 & the PF46 for her vehicle. The PF59 has an * by the part #. Further down on the page, the * says "Available until stock is depleted". This leads me to believe that AC Delco has stopped making this filter. It probably has something to do with simplifying stock for Chevy's service dept.

Lastly, is the PF46 an E-Core filter?

I believe the timeline for the GM 5.3L filter changes looks like this:

1999 - 1st model year for GM 5.3L LM Vortec engines.

2003 - From the PF59 to PF44

2004 - From PF44 to PF46

The larger PF59 is still available as a Wix 51522/Napa Gold 1522.

It was the 44 in 2003-4 then they changed again to the 46 sometime in 2004 and has been the 46 since then. If you cross reference the 44 and 46 to a wix or napa gold, you get the same filter. I changed from delco to wix about a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back