Ebola Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Quote:

I agree heart disease has nothing in common with Ebola or the Flu for that matter. We'll know soon enough just how serious, or not Ebola in the USA is going to be.

Still missing the point; you guys are speculating and worrying about something that 1) you have no control over (Ebola); 2) has killed infinitely less people than other things that you do have control over, and 3) you likely will not be affected by.

The USA still has the best medical system in the world and an educated populace (arguably...). If cases do start spreading, the response will be drastically different than in Liberia.

I'm not missing the point. In fact I agree with some of what you said. The USA does have the best medical system in the world, which is why they sent the infected person back here for treatment. It would also be a pretty good case for people loading up on meds to reduce fever and hide their symptoms and try and get over here for treatment.

Like I said before: We'll know soon enough just how serious, or not Ebola in the USA is going to be. Everything else is just speculation.

...in the meantime, lets keep this thread informational. They are learning more about this as time proceeds. If there are other documents that come to light showing more properties and methods by which this virus is propagated, please let us know.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Quote:

I agree heart disease has nothing in common with Ebola or the Flu for that matter. We'll know soon enough just how serious, or not Ebola in the USA is going to be.

Still missing the point; you guys are speculating and worrying about something that 1) you have no control over (Ebola); 2) has killed infinitely less people than other things that you do have control over, and 3) you likely will not be affected by.

The USA still has the best medical system in the world and an educated populace (arguably...). If cases do start spreading, the response will be drastically different than in Liberia.

I'm not missing the point. In fact I agree with some of what you said. The USA does have the best medical system in the world, which is why they sent the infected person back here for treatment. It would also be a pretty good case for people loading up on meds to reduce fever and hide their symptoms and try and get over here for treatment.

Like I said before: We'll know soon enough just how serious, or not Ebola in the USA is going to be. Everything else is just speculation.

And how many level 4 facilities do we have? Not trying to be a wise guy. Just trying to say the system will be overwhelmed if a out break occurs.

Looks like the Spanish nurse had sub standard equipment.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/07/ebola-crisis-substandard-equipment-nurse-positive-spain

Connecticut's Governor declares cautionary public emergency.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local...lFlowFB_CTBrand

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Quote:

And how many level 4 facilities do we have? Not trying to be a wise guy. Just trying to say the system will be overwhelmed if a out break occurs.

Looks like the Spanish nurse had sub standard equipment.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/07/ebola-crisis-substandard-equipment-nurse-positive-spain

Connecticut's Governor declares cautionary public emergency.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local...lFlowFB_CTBrand

You're not being a wise guy, time will tell. Hopefully it blows over and everything we've been told about how difficult the disease spreads is true.......

Originally Posted By: Garak

Hmmm, restrictions on travel, arrest and detention without charge, restricting constitutional rights based upon geography rather than citizenship - these aren't things you'd raise a stink over at all....
whistle.gif

Trying to be clever isn't going to cut it.

I'm not talking about our Constitutional rights within the USA.
Those CANNOT be abridged. Travel restrictions? None can be placed on US citizens traveling within and OUT of the USA. If you are so interested in traveling to a disease infested area of the globe outside US borders, be my guest. HOWEVER, if you wish to return to the US (even US citizens arriving at immigration control at the airport), the Constitutional duty of the government is to protect the borders. A virulent and highly communicable disease (yes this virus HAS gone airborne before both in a CDC lab, and in Africa in the late 80s) is a danger to US citizens and those carrying it or coming from a highly infected area should be prevented from entering the US. Oh, this alien Liberian has no rights at all, he even LIED on his questionaire regarding his contact with infected patients. That of course is what you get when you allow hordes of illegal aliens into your country--- problems.

The fact that the US gov't fails to control our southern border is also treasonous.

Bottom line is that IF our Government was doing its Constitutional Duty, we wouldn't have to worry about the Ebola virus.

It is NOT about what I want, it is about the legal obligations demanded of the US Gov't by our Constitution, and yet again these criminals in charge are either derelict in their duties or are
deliberately refusing to enforce Constitutional Laws. Either way they are treasonous actions and choices.

Last edited:
..nothing we can do about it antiqueshell, at least in the timeframe of dealing with this current problem. Please keep politics out.

Let's focus on what can be done, what can be learned and shared with others in dealing with the now.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
..nothing we can do about it antiqueshell, at least in the timeframe of dealing with this current problem. Please keep politics out.

Let's focus on what can be done, what can be learned and shared with others in dealing with the now.

There is NO politics in my posts, they are posts with
legal content. Legally speaking according to the Constitution
those officials that are derelict in their duties in enforcing those laws or deliberately refusing to uphold their duties under the Constitution are guilty of treason and should be removed from their office. That is a fact.

Finally it looks like the authorities are being forced to do their legal duty and screen at the airports, which should have been done in the first place. Anyone coming from a hot area should be quarantined for at least 21 days, non US citizens from those areas should be barred completely from entry until further notice. Flights from hot areas should barred from the US as well.

Last edited:
Quote:

Ironically, you are more likely to be killed by the medical system than ebola...

Medical errors third leading cause of death in the US.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Flights from hot areas should barred from the US as well.

There are few direct flights from Africa; most connect through Europe. A traveller bent on getting here would leave passport controls and return to his Euro hub airport, take some ibuprofen, and get on with it.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

There are few direct flights from Africa; most connect through Europe. A traveller bent on getting here would leave passport controls and return to his Euro hub airport, take some ibuprofen, and get on with it.

Actually taking ibuprofen is used to mask fever so they can board a plane.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-v...experts-n217366

WHO is saying this for Europe.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ed-9779682.html

what could possibly go wrong???

Last edited:
Yes, you are agreeing with me. Europe is not a hot area. Ibuprofen gets you on the plane.

If ICE/INS spots a stamp of any of the hot countries in their passport they should immediately be quarantined and held until they are found to be either clean or infected, either way both should be deported back to their country of origin, if that is not possible they will be held in a detention facility until their status can be worked out.

Yes, you are agreeing with me. Europe is not a hot area. Ibuprofen gets you on the plane.

Thats the point. Planes and ships should not be flying or leaving out of the hot zone and any passenger with a passport belonging to any country in the zone should be denied entry and treated as if they are carrying.

It might take a naval and air blockade but that should have been done months ago IMHO.

Bottom line is that IF our Government was doing its Constitutional Duty, we wouldn't have to worry about the Ebola virus.

Gee, and I was placing my hopes on science rather than bureaucrats.

The scientists gather the information, and the officials and agencies are supposed to act according to set protocols to protect the health of the nations' citizens.

The USA has a nonfunctional government which fails to perform it's legal obligations under the US Constitution.

Science!?!?
spankme2.gif
grin2.gif

The scientists gather the information, and the officials and agencies are supposed to act according to set protocols to protect the health of the nations' citizens.

We all know how well things go when bureaucracy gets its hands on them. You're very well aware of that. Bureaucracies protect themselves, and that's not even a political comment - that happens everywhere and always.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Another common failing of conspiracy theorist types is that they simultaneously believe the government is incompetent yet meticulously plan and execute complex plans to further some reptilian agenda.

LOL

Wait until flu season starts. LOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back