Rotella T6 in a 12 VW Passat 2.0l TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=2472

The only place you need to purchase TDI stuff from.

You get more for your money from them than Ebay.

Unfortunately if they sell you a defective part, they won't honor their warranty

My local mechanic/well respected TDI-guru had issues with turbos he purchased through them and he had to eat the cost of replacement

I've probably heard the same story from said TDI-guru and while I don't disagree that sometimes they have muffed it up I wouldn't throw them under the bus so easily.

It is always a he said-she said battle and quite frankly it is the manufacturer of said turbos who is ultimately responsible. Warranty through the vendor is just he easiest thing to do.

Are the saps levels the same? You need to be careful.

The main thing with DPF's is you can get rid of the carbon/soot but once it's clogged with ash then you need a new one, and they are much more expensive than oil.

You would need a low/mid <0.8 sulphated ash oil to be compatible with your DPF

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: riggaz
Are the saps levels the same? You need to be careful.

The main thing with DPF's is you can get rid of the carbon/soot but once it's clogged with ash then you need a new one, and they are much more expensive than oil.

You would need a low/mid div>

Some DPFs are rebuildable, however, they are very expensive to rebuild. Also, some diesel repair shops can clean a DPF, but that is expensive and not guaranteed to work.

They can usually only clean the carbon out and not the ash, once it's clogged with ash you usually need a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back