Quality boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altama boots.

I use Dr Scholls gel insoles, change them every 30 days...

Two coats leather black, then polish...

Last edited:
My feet are in steel-toed Red Wing shoes for 8+ hours a day during the work week. I use them mostly on concrete. They pair that I have was purchased in 2004. They have been back to the cobbler a couple of times to have some seams repaired, but that's been it. The soles are finally wearing through and the steel toe is just starting to peek through the leather toe that has gotten too thin. These boots are American-made. About a week ago, bought a new pair from a local dealer for about $185. I will be wearing these when my current pair finally wear out.
Contrast that to some of my co-workers who buy a cheap pair of WM shoes that seriously might last them two months. They just don't get it.
Anyway, according some internet postings (everything you read on the internet is true, isn't it?), Red Wing now manufactures their soles in China. If this is true, I've just purchased my last pair. We'll see how long the new ones last.

I don't wear anything but red wings anymore. I've got boots,shoes,riding boots.
Here they cost 350 bucks,and worth every penny.
I work in mine. They are triple stitched and my last pair I had for 8 years,in the mud,snow,standing water,and my feet always came out clean and dry. Even my socks stayed white,and my feet never got stinky.
I buy the ones branded USA made. They've got a cheaper made in china line that I won't even look at.
Guys at work buy 200 dollar boots that wear out in less than 2 years. My last pair of red wings were 8 years old and I ended up loosing them,they weren't worn out just yet.
If working with them I put a toe guard on,so it keeps the toe from wearing out the boots prematurely.
Best boot I've ever worn. I'll buy nothing but,forever.

No specific advice here. I wear Red Wings and like them. Some Red Wings (not just Irish Setters) are made in China, and others are assembled in the USA from imported materials. Others are all USA sourced. They don't hide it and make that info readily available on their website if it us important to you. My boots tend to last 2+ years in daily use.

GumbyJarvis, are you 100% positive your Rocky Boots are US made?

I Breifly Lived in Nelsonville, OH (their HQ) in the early 2000's, and at that time, they had moved production to Mexico, but still had their HQ, and outlet store in Nelsonville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back