translate vw battery code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to replace battery on 2008 jetta 2.5. What are the CCA for this battery. Also what is date of manufacture?

Enertec
1JO 915 105 AC

12 60ah 280A din

480a EN/ SAE

AutoCraft Gold Battery, Group Size 48, 730 CCA http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-gold-battery-group-size-48-730-cca-48h6/2130015-P

Advance auto lists this as one of the replacements and is probably higher than Your oem. oem is probably 520-600 CCA.

I don't have the ability to translate your oem battery code but it is probably as old as the model year at minimum so not a bad idea to change.

Use code TRT41 to save 40$ off the battery and get a sweet deal on this JCI battery.

Another option would be Walmart's EverStart Maxx-H6. It comes with a 5-year warranty (3 Years Free Replacement + 2 Years Prorated). I just bought one for my old BMW recently.

That VW part number has the following specifications:
12 volts
60 Ah
540 CCA
BCI code 48

If you want a more robust battery then buy one for the diesel model. The part number for them is: 1J0 915 105 AF and will provide:
12 volts
72 Ah
680 CCA
BCI code 48

Originally Posted By: FowVay
That VW part number has the following specifications:
12 volts
60 Ah
540 CCA
BCI code 48

If you want a more robust battery then buy one for the diesel model. The part number for them is: 1J0 915 105 AF and will provide:
12 volts
72 Ah
680 CCA
BCI code 48

540 was right in line with my estimate, i would still go with the AAP gold battery with $40 off and 730 CCA

Not sure about the gas VWs but with my experiences with my TDI, I have to use dealer batteries. Tried an O'Reilly's battery and it lasted 7-8 months before I guess the diesel took it's tole on it.

I recommend getting the battery from the dealership also. Just take the part number with you to ensure that you get the more powerful battery. Dealerships that I deal with will generally be in line with the box stores as far as pricing goes.

The OEM batteries are made by Varta which is a Johnson Control company.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Not sure about the gas VWs but with my experiences with my TDI, I have to use dealer batteries. Tried an O'Reilly's battery and it lasted 7-8 months before I guess the diesel took it's tole on it.

On tdiclub.com, the word is that the dealer not only has the proper battery but at a decent price. I replaced mine about three years ago and it seems to be still going good. Think it was $93 or so but I could be wrong. Small price to pay for reliable starting.

It seems like the dealer batteries last at least 4-5 years sometimes longer. Whereas the auto stores you might get 3 out of them in you are lucky.

I guess JCI does something ultra special for Varta/VW...super secret lead maybe? lol

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
It seems like the dealer batteries last at least 4-5 years sometimes longer. Whereas the auto stores you might get 3 out of them in you are lucky.

My last battery came from AutoZone (Duralast). It lasted me 6 years.

Quote:

I guess JCI does something ultra special for Varta/VW...super secret lead maybe? lol

BTW, the EverStart that walmart sells is made by Johnson Controls as well. Not that it means much, I guess.

raaizin, you live in New Jersey?

Just go to NAPA and pick up an 8448, which is a rebranded East Penn/Deka Group 48, fresh from across the river:

Battery Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 Degrees F : 730
Battery Cranking Amps @ 32 Degrees F : 895
Battery Reserve Capacity (Minutes) : 120

This is a 70ah battery, and is what we use in our '09 Mk5 diesel.

The OE batts are made by JCI, almost certainly in Mexico, as it is closest to VW's assembly plant down there.

I'll take the PA one over one made in Mexico.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

My last battery came from AutoZone (Duralast). It lasted me 6 years.

Quote:

BTW, the EverStart that walmart sells is made by Johnson Controls as well. Not that it means much, I guess.

Was it for a VW because that is specific application I was refering to especially the TDI's of yore. It seemed the dealer batteries lasted longer.

Edit: As said above you can't go wrong with Deka.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back