Went back to using (PP) 5w20 - improvement vs 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton
PP 5W20 reduced the interior decibel level in the car? That is amazing.

I added racing decals to my '72 Impala (back in h.s) and was able to do a burnout a bit easier than before adding them.
shocked.gif

grin.gif

Just think what could have been had you installed chrome valve/timing chain covers.

dB levels are easily measured. Vibration is also easily measured. Why doesn't anyone ever provide data to back up their butt?

robert

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton
PP 5W20 reduced the interior decibel level in the car? That is amazing.

I added racing decals to my '72 Impala (back in h.s) and was able to do a burnout a bit easier than before adding them.
shocked.gif

Amen. It gets deep in here on a regular basis.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
dB levels are easily measured. Vibration is also easily measured. Why doesn't anyone ever provide data to back up their butt?

robert

Why don't you take your calibrated, high tech equipment out to California and measure it for him?

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: robertcope

robert

Why don't you take your calibrated, high tech equipment out to California and measure it for him?

There are plenty of free smartphone apps that will do a passing job.

I'm always disappointed because myself and all my vehicles have never noticed a change between oil brands, oil grades, or additives (including fuel).

Only time I saw a difference in performance and mpg is when I went from synthetic 5W-30 to synthetic 5W-50 in my 2.0L Zetec Ford engine. It was my pre BITOG days
grin.gif
. For our 4.6 Ford engines I don't notice a difference whether a synthetic 5W-20 vs a synthetic 5W-30. In fact my wife's 4.6 in her Explorer has Castrol Edge 10W-30 in it now, got it dirt cheap, since the end of April and there has been no noticeable loss of power or mpg. She's going back to 0/5W-20 for her next OCI in the end of October, which I have plenty of.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I'm always disappointed because myself and all my vehicles have never noticed a change between oil brands, oil grades, or additives (including fuel).

Is your butt dyno calibration certification current?

Originally Posted By: surfstar

Likewise. The only differences I've ever noticed is between high mileage oil seal conditioners and how they stop leaks. In terms of noise, power, etc. I've never really noticed a difference in any car I've driven/maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back