Well Pump Leaks/wiring/pressure questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your right because I could hear water flowing back out to the well when I shut the pump off. I just went to put a new check valve on and found out the "Clowns" over at Home Depot gave me the wrong size. I even showed the guy the old one.
I dont know if it has a bladder or not but it can be filled. I guess I can't fill it until all my connections are on. Correct?

Here's the deal.. I Replaced the old pump and now I can't get the new one to work. I twont get up to pressure. How long do I need to run it to get it up[ to pressure. Suppose to go to 50psi.

Here's my old post on the subject >>
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3457664/2/Need_Some_Wiring_HELP!!

Last edited:
If the pump is getting hot and cavitating. You have not primed the pump properly. Ther also could be a coupling sucking air too. Check the pipes you opened to replace the pump. You need water in the system down to the foot valve. All air must be removed or the pump wont prime. It is same principle as the brakes on a car.

If the pump is cool ,but isn't shutting off, Then the cut out has to be adjusted lower. My switch turns on at 20 and cuts out around 45 . It is a 3/4 hoss motor set for 240 operation.

I feel your pain. I started out 35 yrs ago with a well and pump. The last time, I replaced the holding tank I set things up so that I can use the holding tank to prime

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
If the pump is getting hot and cavitating. You have not primed the pump properly. Ther also could be a coupling sucking air too. Check the pipes you opened to replace the pump. You need water in the system down to the foot valve. All air must be removed or the pump wont prime. It is same principle as the brakes on a car.

I feel your pain. I started out 35 yrs yr ago with a well and pump. The last time, I replaced the holding tank I set things up so that I can use the holding tank to prime

Beat me by seconds..

In my boost pump, which is also rated for shallow well service, there are parts you need to change to convert from one to the other. Could this be the case with your pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back