Amsoil EA discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal Mart is trying out a new buy american campaign. Pledging to spend an additional $50 billion over the next 10 years on U.S. made products. I hope it works out. Could be beneficial to WalMart and the U.S. manufacturing job market.

So what really did Donaldson do to create an Amsoil filter other than a different paint job?

Can't you just buy the Donaldson synthetic filter and call it good?

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
So what really did Donaldson do to create an Amsoil filter other than a different paint job?

Can't you just buy the Donaldson synthetic filter and call it good?

All Donaldson did is create the technology, patent it, and allow Amsoil to use it (through a license).
The actual filters were made by another manufacturer. It certain cases they were actually Donaldson filters (The EAO11 on my Vic is Donaldson, but Ive seen pics of newer ones and they are not anymore) but they never had a Donaldson equivalent. They were custom made.
If you try to look up a filter on Donaldsons site, unless you have a heavy diesel, you are going to only find paper filters.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: lubedude13
For some that's ok but I'd rather pay $5 more per oil change on amsoil than step foot in chinamart

Hard to understand your Walmart stance.

Walmart hung on with a strong buy USA effort longer than most retailers.

The problem is the USA is "Chinaworld."

Your government sold all of us out with their policies, like most-favored nation status, NAFTA, etc., etc., many years ago.

The world is "Chinaworld" and maybe not a bad thing

I just bought two Amsoil EA filters for my Element. They were only $11 each (with preferred customer discount). They were twice that amount just a few weeks ago. Not sure if they are clearance pricing them or what, but I jumped on the deal.

Originally Posted By: Poohbah
I just bought two Amsoil EA filters for my Element. They were only $11 each (with preferred customer discount). They were twice that amount just a few weeks ago. Not sure if they are clearance pricing them or what, but I jumped on the deal.

Just checked the filters for mine, still full price. Will keep an eye on it now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back