2014 3 S GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's new 3 has a sport mode option that completely changes the shifting dynamics. It basically holds the rpms longer and keeps them higher for more instant power.

When it's not in sport mode, the shifting is clearly programmed for maximum fuel economy. It's hard for me to really enjoy driving it in that mode. The Subuar WRX is similar in that the car doesn't come alive until it's in Sport # mode.

Overall the car is fantastic. The interior build quality is top notch. Feels very solid. The car has a lot of technology in it. The engine is noisier on start up than the previous 2.3L. Probably due to the tuning and DI.

I still see myself getting the 6spd MT WRX and not the CVT, but I want to drive both first. There are times, although not very often, where I enjoy not shifting and just sitting back and driving.

AT'S/CVT's can definitely be programmed to give you the engagement you're looking for that is often lacking in subpar AT/CVTs and AT's that are programmed for maximum fuel economy.

Mazda says no special break-in is necessary. About 1,200 miles on it now. No noticeable oil loss. Car was broken in aggressively.

You should put "Mazda" in your title (too late now) and signature.

You don't mention it until the last sentence of your post and I was not 100% sure what car you were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back