Why would you get a scangauge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you plug your phone into the diagnostic port under the dash ?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick R
When you could get a $25 OBD 2 bluetooth reader,

I found the PID code for the traverse for trans temp. It's the same as the one for the terrain and equinox, so I was able to use that, and confirmed that it works and heats up if you say, hold the brake and gas in drive. I'm trying to find if there is one for the engine oil temp. Here is the latest one with fixed scales, and the trans temp.

EDIT: screencap removed, will post new one.

Last edited:
confused2.gif

It's an adaptor, it plugs into the OBD 2 port and pairs with your phone via bluetooth.

It's an adaptor, it plugs into the OBD 2 port and pairs with your phone via bluetooth.

Does the adapter link to the phone wirelessly ?

That one will only work with android phones, like my Galaxy S5, not iphones. There are others ones that do work for those though.

OK thanks. You gotta excuse me, I'm pushin' 50 and I'm not too well versed on this technology stuff.
grin.gif

Heres a new screencap. I tired to get another one at idle WOT (ie 4000RPM) but it got lost somehow. Will get another.

tQ0rSFZ.jpg

Last edited:
Here. I'll go out to my focus and do some here in a few. This was the traverse, idle goverened to 4000RPM at WOT

ALf69b1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, scangauges are up to $200??!? I thought they had dropped to around $139 or less on group buys.

If Im using a phone as a GPS, a music player, a phone, etc., not sure I want to use it as a scanner too, but the point is good - the need for most of the data is only needed sporadically, so for a car with an MPG gauge and other gauges of interest, the app may be great.

Different cars and applications (and drivers) may have different needs.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wow, scangauges are up to $200??!? I thought they had dropped to around $139 or less on group buys.

If Im using a phone as a GPS, a music player, a phone, etc., not sure I want to use it as a scanner too, but the point is good - the need for most of the data is only needed sporadically, so for a car with an MPG gauge and other gauges of interest, the app may be great.

Different cars and applications (and drivers) may have different needs.

one of the primary reasons I got it is there is a possibility I will need to drive the traverse, towing one of our other cars down to north carolina next month. It doesn't have an add-on trans cooler, so I want to be able to monitor transmission temp so I know when to pull over on the mountains of WV to let it cool down.

I have the SG2 as well with a AeroForce gauge on the steering column .Like said they can read a lot of stuff if your ECM puts it out & you have the right code for the SG.

newexhaust001_zps6a51c6ea.jpg

Last edited:
Nick R,

How are you posting the screen grabs from your phone onto the internet ?

You've already found a video about OBD2 adapter. You can find one about taking screen shots, too.
smile.gif

Then you can use an app on your phone to upload it to some free photo hosting site such as photobucket or imgur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back