favorite brand of TC-W3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I don't believe there is a difference in brands. It all has to meet the same standards to be TC-W3.

Why is this not true for SN rated oils.... lol.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

I don't believe there is a difference in brands. It all has to meet the same standards to be TC-W3.

Do you mean there is no standard or specification required to be labeled a SD oil?

Originally Posted By: Donald
I use Walmart by the gallon, but then I use TC-W3 only to add to my diesel fuel.

Haha, ya that's all I use the tc-w3 oil for also. Roughly 1 oz per gallon with a few oz of power service. The only 2 stroke oil I use as intended is the stihl mix in my chain saws.

Originally Posted By: dixon700
I use Walmart by the gallon, but then I use TC-W3 only to add to my diesel fuel.

Haha, ya that's all I use the tc-w3 oil for also. Roughly 1 oz per gallon with a few oz of power service. The only 2 stroke oil I use as intended is the stihl mix in my chain saws.

X2

same here.if im out ill grab some at autozone.i believe its also made by warren

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Do you mean there is no standard or specification required to be labeled a SN oil?

What I meant is that many people indicate some SN oils to be "better" than other SN oils, when SN indicates a specific performance spec.

People rave about PYB, it is SN as is my $1.50/qt Citgo oil. Good chance it is better, but can there not be "better TC-W3" than others?

I'm at the point where SN, TC-W3 etc is "good enough"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
I use Walmart too. Cheaper by the gallon. I don't believe there is a difference in brands. It all has to meet the same standards to be TC-W3.

The Walmart brand *really* stinks though. But I'd take that over MMO. And have.

Pennzoil Marine {Semi-Synthetic}! Just pick up a qt every week when we are there buying groceries-->WM!

Started using 3oz TC-W3 & 2oz Redline SI-1 every fill up.

I am going to try the Amsoil HP Marine Synthetic TCW-3 before my preferred customer membership expires.

It is about a third the cost of the Red Line Watercraft Injection Oil, less than the Pennzoil FULL Synthetic TCW-3 in Vato Zone (the ONLY place I've ever seen it for sale), and just about twice the price of the dino Sino Mart Super Tech stuff (I will 'splurge' to get a full synthetic!
wink.gif
).

Citgo TCW-3 is at Menard's for $13.99, I switched when they had a $5 rebate, limit 2.

not smelly.

640/1 in all my fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back