GM T-IV same as Toyota T-IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is GMs T-IV (pn 88900925) the same fluid as Toyota T-IV fluid? Toyotas is a lot cheaper!

I believe it is based on the vehicles that call for it.
You can get Mobil 3309 (which is identical to T-IV) on Amazon for $5.XX a quart in a case of 12.

My vehicle calls for T-IV. Just wondering if Toyota and GM T-IV are the same.

Yes it is the same stuff. T-IV is what matters not the brand. Also, JWS-3309 is the same as well.

Same thing. I do however recommend Valv. Maxlife for your Equinox with a bottle of LGR. I use that combo in my 05 and the shifts are clean and crisp yet a lot smoother versus the T-IV

My understanding, from my reading here, is that Mobil is the only manufacturer of 3309 and they sell it to Toyota, Ford, Volvo, Mazda and GM to rebadge as their own fluid. Toyota calls it "T-IV", Ford calls it "Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid", and so on, but it's all the same.

Just got 4 qts of Toyota T-IV from New Holland Auto Group in New Holland PA for $6.18/qt!

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted By: alty79
Do you just do a drain and fill?

Yup. Kind of tricky with the Equinox engines (transmission mount it in the way) but it is doable. I have been doing a drain and fill with Maxlife every 30k without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back