Fram PH6065B Filter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the forum...always lurked and read answers and such..alot of debate about this filter on a sportster forum I belong to. I have heard this filter has the metal end caps and is a good filter. How about some opinions and facts. Thanks ED

Probably one of the filters Fram outsources to another manufacture. You could always buy one and cut it open for yourself and post pictures for all of us!

Metal end caps don't necessarily make a better filter, but you do want to research each model to make sure they are holding up if you can find any pictures of them used and cut open.

Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY0uWyb7Dr8

Hi,
I work for FRAM. we actually sourced the filter from Champion Labs, they are also the supplier of the OE HD filters. Last year champion and FRAM merged together to form FRAM Filtration.

Thanks Jay. I thought the OE filter and the fram I looked at looked the same in and out. Bypass pressure is the same too. Now I don't have to ride 58 or 70 miles to buy filters.

I have wondered Jay, why Fram also lists ph6022 as a replacement for the xl also, but the relief bypass opening pressure is like 22 psi. That surely can't be right.

The bypass pressure is within a range that is acceptable to HD. The higher it is, the more oil is forced through the filter

Originally Posted By: Motorking
The bypass pressure is within a range that is acceptable to HD. The higher it is, the more oil is forced through the filter

My understanding of the bypass relief valve is to open and still permit flow if the filter becomes clogged.

Originally Posted By: xl2006
I have heard this filter has the metal end caps and is a good filter. How about some opinions and facts. Thanks ED

Fram motorcycle filters are fine. I have used them on both Harley Davidson and Triumph motorcycles with one year OCIs.

Never any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back