The Impala is acting up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
dishdude said:
The BAD news is that the mechanic he went to cleared the codes so she could drive home thus taking all the valuable evidence with it.

The codes did not have to be cleared to make the car safe to drive home, it was already in limp mode so there was no need to clear any diagnostic codes. Another clueless tech. The dealer MAY be able to retrieve those past codes if the car holds onto them in a separate hard memory in the ECU that can be read with a GM specific scan tool. What I am saying is that the general scan tool that the mechanic used may only erase codes in soft storage.

Nope. Once cleared everything is cleared including history code. No way to retrieve anything.

Dealer replaced the gas pedal assembly. They said it was messing up causing the dash to light up like a Christmas tree.

I also told them to keep the car and keep trying it for the transmission issue.

They actually lost the car on the lot and were kinda rude to us. Will be getting a free NYS inspection and fill up our gas tank for the [censored] we've been through for the past couple of days.

Turns out it was the valve body. Dealer cracked the case on the tranny and replaced the valve body, filter, and fluid.

Car used to be kinda sluggish going into gear, now it goes into gear super quick.

Valve body issues the whole time 4T65E's were in production. When I had mine rebuilt the shop put several upgrades into the valve body. I wish GM had done this years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back