A few bubbles on trans dipstick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hot fluid level is right at the end of the hit mark and I can see a fee bubbles. It's not foaming, just a few tiny bubbles. I've heard this is normal and I've heard that it happens if it's over filled. Should I take some out or leave it? How much should I take out? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: MileHigh18
My hot fluid level is right at the end of the hit mark and I can see a fee bubbles. It's not foaming, just a few tiny bubbles. I've heard this is normal and I've heard that it happens if it's over filled. Should I take some out or leave it? How much should I take out? Thanks.

How long after you turned off the engine did you see the bubbles?

Last edited:
It was running when I checked it. And I meant to say it was at the end of the hot mark not "hit" mark. Stupid phone.

Last edited:
Totally normal on the GM and some others. It depends where the return line is situated, as long as it just a few and not foamy or pepto bismol pink its fine

Originally Posted By: MileHigh18
My hot fluid level is right at the end of the hit mark and I can see a fee bubbles. It's not foaming, just a few tiny bubbles. I've heard this is normal

You gave your answer with the fluid at the high mark and no foaming. I'd leave it alone and recheck in a few days.

OK thanks. I know these 4L60Es aren't the best so I certainly don't wanna do anything to make it go in the [censored].

I have always liked to check fluid when it's fully heated up. That being said not all transmissions show a good readable line of fluid. I used to have a ford that would not read at all when fully heated.

I have seen some bubbles at times on cars and don't worry about it if the fluid is in the proper range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back