Promotive filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was doing a oil change on a friends ford escape(09) this morning and it had a PROMOTIVE filter on it. Looks to be a purolator filter. Correct me if I am wrong, but looked pretty decent. He heats his house and garage with a waste oil boiler which is really warm and extremely efficient. Any members here use a Promotive filter?

adam

Quote:
Looks to be a purolator filter. Correct me if I am wrong, but looked pretty decent.
No need to correct you. Sold at Advance in back with commercial accounts, replaced another Puro product back there, the PowerFlo. Like the PowerFlo they can be usually be bought by an individual.

Not quite as much media or as efficient (~94%) as Classic, but value priced for sure, decent. Only thing, some applications like Pep Boys ProLine, have been combined to the smaller filter application.

HTSS_TR he has a older dodge 2v cummins that he uses old motor/veggie oil straight in his truck. In punxsy there arent any repair shops at all except walkers.

HTSS_TR he has a older dodge 2v cummins that he uses old motor/veggie oil straight in his truck. In punxsy there arent any repair shops at all except walkers.

Just wanted to chime in on these filters. Been picking them up at Sears for my 2010 Porsche Cayenne for 8.99
Bought a $12 Purolator classic too and the filters look almost identical. Everything from end caps to filter media and O rings looks the same.
Only difference is that the part numbers are different (marked on one end cap).
Both are made in the USA
smile.gif

Will happily use these on my car that will be running on 10k synthetic oil change intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back