100k miles maint on 02 S10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a list of what I did. All labor was done by me (diy) to save a ton of cash.
- replace tranny pan with a new pan that has a drain plug $20
- replace tranny filter $13 wix
- replace tranny fluid $15 valvoline syn atf
- oil filter $4 ac delco
- motor oil $12 syn blend from oil stash
- pcv valve - rear diff gasket $5 felpro
- rear diff oil $22 valvoline 75w-90
- spark plugs $2.20ea, champion platinum
- spark plug wires $36 MSD
- air filter $5 champion
- 4 New shock $26 ea Gabriel pro
- New front rotors $16ea summit racing
- New from brake pads $23 summit racing
- New coolant, distilled water, and flush
I checked hoses and belt and they are good. I also lubed the chassis and flushed the break fluid, and cleaned the throttle body (it was nasty). All parts I got from summit racing except the shocks (AutoZone w lifetime warranty) and the oil/fluids. I think I did well with the cost and doing the labor myself. Truck runs really good. The biggest improvement was with new shocks. The originals were done. Anything else you recommend I check or replace?

Awesome, and plus you get that nice feeling of accomplishment when you undertake a big project on your car.

The only thing I didn't see you mention really is power steering fluid, and some people change it, some don't. I assume these trucks have timing chains and not belts? Also is this 4WD or 2WD?

Last edited:
This is a 4.3L v6, LS model, rear wheel drive. I will now replace the power steering fluid. Thanks for the reminder

The only few things I recommend are cabin filter (if equipped), parking brake adjustment. Check the thickness specs on the rear brakes. Are the rear brakes drums or rotors? Overall, great work!

Nice.
That truck should run as good as it did when it was driven off the lot. The 4.3 is legendary for its durability and with your maintenance it should run like a champ.

Truck does not have a cabin filter. Rear rotor brakes are still good. The ebrake does not need adjustment. I will wait until after summer to replace the wiper blades, lol

The only thing you may not need to replace is spark plug wires. My 20 years old 360+k miles LS400 had 1 spark plug wire about 6-8 months ago. My 14 years old 160k miles E430 has all original spark plug wires.

Good job! I might add that if it were me, I would have also changed the Belt and hoses. Sure would hate to have a busted hose or broken belt ruin your day when they are so cheap and easy to replace now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back