Saturn Aura CE Light P0010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have another question regarding my 08 Saturn Aura with the 2.4L engine.

I was driving on the highway headed home yesterday when my check engine light came on. Had the code tested and it is a P0010 code that said it is the "Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit."

What the heck does that mean? Too bad it wasn't just a oxygen sensor >.
Any info on this or how to fix it would be awesome.

I just walked in the door from helping a friend fix this on his 2010 cobalt. Replaced both sensors in 10 minutes. CEL went off.

Wayyyyy easier than oxygen sensor.

Miller88,

How do you pull out the sensors? I disconnected the electrical plug from them and put some dielectric grease on them, but I couldn't managed to get the cylinder out. Did you pry it out with a screw driver? Just wondering b/c mine seems to be really in there good and wouldn't wiggle out. Can you get them out without having to take the valve cover off?

Last edited:
Ok thank you Warstud!

One more question, since I greased the electrical connection, is it worth resetting the code and seeing if it will come back, or should I just replace it now?

If the car is running fine and you just have a CEL...I would just clear it to see if it comes back.

Yeah my car runs just fine, that's why I was so surprised by the cel coming on. I will clear it and see if it stays off. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted By: Lillikai
Ok thank you Warstud!

One more question, since I greased the electrical connection, is it worth resetting the code and seeing if it will come back, or should I just replace it now?

We didn't reset the code. Went away right as soon as the car ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back