chinese made ope spark plugs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think champions are any more than that. There were videos of the Chinese plug factory on here a while ago. It is no wonder the first thing people say you replace on Chonda engines is the plug.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
how do they compare to champion etc

They don't. Every one I've ever seen has been absolute junk. Those knockoff engines get plugs that misfire from day one. I'll pay the extra dollar to buy a US manufactured plug or another dollar on top for oddball Japanese ones that Champion doesn't make readily available.

I just threw out a Chinese spark plug that I found in a chain saw. The brand name was "TORCH", but it was printed "TORCA" on the plug.

Anything will be better, I've used Autolite, Champion, and NGK all with good luck.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I just threw out a Chinese spark plug that I found in a chain saw. The brand name was "TORCH", but it was printed "TORCA" on the plug.

Anything will be better, I've used Autolite, Champion, and NGK all with good luck.

The "Torch" is a notoriously bad plug that seems to have found its way to chainsaws most of all.

My Cub Cadet snow thrower has a "PowerMore" engine with a Torch plug. Ran it through 2 seasons, no issues thus far but will replace with the NGK equivalent before next season. I run NGK in all my other OPE.

I just picked up a Troy Bilt snowblower, with a Chonda. It has a plug with LG on it and the plug number is a Torch number. So it seems that they are re-branding their plugs with differant names, now.

Like said above, they can be OK, but I'd keep a new replacement name brand plug on hand. The cardboard and bubble-gum no-name import plugs are total hit/miss. Couldn't 'resist' that. LOL!

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
wal mart and lowes sell them. different brands, cheap, $2.50

You can get a made in America Champion for less than $2 at Wal-Mart. The choice seems pretty easy to me. The Champion plugs work excellent in my small engine shop and never cause any problems. I used to run nothing but NGK, but now I run nothing but Champion. (Chainsaws, blowers, and trimmers with Japanese engines still get the OEM NGK plugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back